There is no political event on the planet quite like the US presidential election. It truly is an absurd spectacle.
Yes, it's very important, but no other country spends as much time or energy deciding how to elect its next leader.
The US presidential election is like a non-stop, two-year reality TV show.
During that time, candidates spend astronomical amounts of money on their campaigns while saying and doing whatever they can to win over voters.
It's one of the greatest sources of entertainment on earth!
If you're a cynic, you might view it all as one big distraction from more pressing matters. While that's probably true in many ways, there's so much focus on the election because it ultimately has a huge impact on the country and the wider world.
And if you're enjoying all of it, there's still roughly nine months until election day... so, plenty to look forward to.
Every presidential election has memorable moments -- sometimes inspiring, sometimes offensive and sometimes just plain odd.
It's fair to say the 2016 election has been one of the strangest in recent memory, so we compiled a list of some of the weirdest highlights up to this point.
Whether you're feeling positive or negative about this election, there's no way to deny how funny some of these are.
1. When Deez Nuts emerged as a candidate.
Deez Nuts is lowkey the best candidate: pic.twitter.com/9twqngx0Ok — Elly (@Zayence) November 1, 2015
2. When Ted Cruz ate bacon off a machine gun.
3. When Sarah Palin endorsed Trump and vomited gibberish.
I've watched this like 20 times and I still don't know what Palin is saying, but I love it. https://t.co/9Mef2YG8uH — Shane Bauer (@shane_bauer) January 20, 2016
4. When "Sticker Kid" stole the show while Hillary Clinton spoke in Iowa.
Thank God I could rewind the speech so I could watch it over and over again#stickerkid pic.twitter.com/KICidNdF7p — Jess (@jessbowman25) February 2, 2016
5. When Rubio supporters attacked a guy dressed like a robot. (Let's be real, Rubio is a robot.)
Guy in a robot suit gets manhandled by Marco Rubio's supporters in New Hampshire https://t.co/kvhYnu9g33 https://t.co/qjPKBx96pF #RobotRubio — Mashable (@mashable) February 9, 2016
6. When Vermin Supreme finished fourth in the NH Democratic primaries.
Vermin Supreme, known for sporting a boot on his head, wins 4th in N.H. Democratic primaries https://t.co/X4J6ZGry5m pic.twitter.com/KEJsJDoqMH — CBS News (@CBSNews) February 10, 2016
7. When Ben Carson defended his belief the pyramids were used for grain storage.
Ben Carson: "The Middle East has been in turmoil for thousands of years". Even before pyramids were used to store grain? — Edward Luce (@EdwardGLuce) December 16, 2015
8. Also, when Ben Carson awkwardly botched his entrance at the GOP debate.
Oh man, the #GOPDebate hasn't even started and Ben Carson has already had a Ben Carson moment: pic.twitter.com/bzanA6veVy — Frank Thorp V (@frankthorpNBC) February 7, 2016
9. Yeah... Ben Carson is just weird in general.
This is a real painting of Ben Carson and Jesus that hangs in his house... pic.twitter.com/dibs0ByzCd — Campbell Johnston (@campyj1) November 11, 2015
10. When Jeb Bush politely pleaded with people to clap for him. (OK, that was just sad. Hang in there, Jeb!)
"Please clap."—Jeb Bush to a quiet audience at a campaign stophttps://t.co/0plkAuW7Uz — NowThis (@nowthisnews) February 3, 2016
11. Also, when Jeb Bush revealed he doesn't know how to put on a zip-up hoodie.
Re-upping this Jeb Bush hoodie Vine because it will never get old: https://t.co/mXGuuTeL1Z — Pamela Engel (@PamEngel12) February 2, 2016
12. When a bald eagle, the symbol of America, attacked Donald Trump (eagles can smell evil).
Watch Donald Trump dodge a bald eagle https://t.co/z7Qs8NlCGW pic.twitter.com/8JcRHg2yxr — TIME.com (@TIME) January 29, 2016