The game has a long history of beating up on women, no matter how many rappers were raised by their mommas. Like gays, broke people and haters, women were a convenient punching bag for the bars before there even was rap.
Earlier this year, Rick Ross briefly landed in hot water for some rapey lyrics, but was quickly forgiven. Despite the past, a new movement of unapologetic femininity has taken hold of rap in the form of Drake, but that wasn't always the case.
Here's a look at some of the most misogynist lines ever spit:
1) "So we could never be a couple hun / F*ck love / All I got for hoes is hard d*ck and bubblegum." - Big L
Big L, always the economist, makes some budgetary calculations of the heart.
2) "Bitches ain't sh*t but hoes and tricks / Lick on these nuts and suck the d*ck." - Snoop Dogg
Snoop Dogg gets straight to the point in the golden era of rap misogyny.
3) "Once again I gotta punch a bitch in her sh*t / I'm icy bitch, don't look at my wrist / Because if you do, I might blind you bitch." - Jasper Dolphin of Odd Future
Jasper takes aim at a woman's face with fists and jewelry without a hint of subtlety.
4) "I know she like chocolate men / She got more n*ggas off than Cochran." - Kanye West
This one seems a little too personal as Kanye verbally degrades his very own Kardashian.
5) "You ain't no better because you don't be f*cking rappers / You only f*ck with actors / You're still getting f*cked backwards" - Jay Z
One of the main conceits of misogyny is that getting f*cked means you are a lesser being, and Jay Z epitomizes that sentiment here.
6) "My little sister's birthday / She'll remember me / For a gift I had ten of my boys take her virginity." - Bizarre
Bizarre is the only member of D12 that can compete with Eminem for bottom of the barrel misogyny.
7) "You know me I smoke a blunt while I'm getting brain / Stick my finger in her butt while I'm getting brain / Yeah I'm nasty bitch / What? / Lil Wayne." - Lil Wayne
This might be the most beautiful thing anyone's ever said while bashing women.
8) "I gotta say it; I'm the president, I run things / All these hoes tryna save a n*gga c*m stains." - Lil Wayne
He wasn't done! Wayne sighs with disgust at the lengths women will go to Bill Clinton him.
9) "Slut, you think I won't choke no whore / Til the vocal cords don't work in her throat no more?!" - Eminem
There's the crowd favorite! The undisputed champion of misogyny whose anger can be easily traced to his mommy issues.
10) "Is Big L slow? / Hell no! / Bitches get f*cked on the roof when I ain't got no hotel dough." - Big L
L was not playing at all on this one, letting loose his nefarious roof plans with no regard for human life.
11) "My d*ck hard as a motherf*cker / You don't what? / Tell that sh*t to another sucker." - Cam'ron
Cam invites the ladies to suck it or not, but only one option will suffice.
12) "Baby girl pull your pants up, I only want your face." - Fredo Santana
This lyric is a crossover of misogyny, and the Chicago Drill scene's obsession with oral sex over vaginal.
13) "You ain't gonna let me f*ck you and I feel you / But you gone suck my d*ck, or I'll kill you." - Chief Keef
This kid is going to spend his entire life in jail, and there's nothing anyone can do about it. With lines like this, however, he might deserve it.
14) "It's damn near four in the morning, ain't sh*t to discuss / Til you ask which d*ck do you suck." - Jadakiss
Kiss going in on his gold medal misogyny track, "F*ckin' or What?" The entire song could be on this list, but this line's the best.
15) "Love a feminist b*tch, oh, it get my dick hard / So no apologies for all the misogyny." - Danny Brown
Self-aware misogyny is the best kind.
Every day, a child is born to a woman who will someday grow up to think, talk and rap just like this. Judgment is corny, but examining the cultural forces which shape our perceptions and actions is essential.
Without these brazen displays of misogyny, perhaps it would be something hidden in the household, whereas these lyrics publicize the phenomenon and open it to debate. What are your favorite misogynistic rap lines, and where do you stand on the issue? Tweet us @EliteDaily and let us know.
Top Photo Credit: Getty Images