16 Crazy Facts You Didn't Know About Iggy Azalea That Will Make You Love Her Even More
I love Iggy Azalea. You can even go as far to say I am utterly obsessed. This 24-year-old is a boss with attitude and simply just doesn't give a sh*t about what anyone has to say about her.
Her success is her own and there is nothing anyone can do or say to take that away from her.
Just look at the way she reacted to the Twitter haters in regards to her Billboard hits. Although she has been on the scene for quite some time, her popularity has seemed to skyrocket over these past few months.
What makes her an icon of today's day and age? Well, here is everything you always wanted to know:
1. She was the face for Levi's Jeans
In September of 2012, Iggy Azalea was announced as the face of Levi's new "Go Forth" campaign. At the time, she was signed under the agency Wilhelmina Models International Inc.
2. She dated A$AP Rocky
She began her love affair with A$AP Rocky back in 2011 when she met him through record producer Chase N. Cashe. Their relationship ended in 2012.
3. She had his mixtape tattooed on her fingers
Around the time of her January 2012 interview with Vibe, she got the title of his breakout mixtape, Live. Love. A$AP, tatted on her fingers. She stated that Rocky also had a tattoo of her name, yet it was not visible. Since the breakup, she has had the tattoo crossed out.
4. She is currently dating Nick Young of the Lakers
The two have been a couple since November of 2013.
5. Her first date with Young was to Target
Oh, and it was her idea. But don't worry, they went on a real dinner date afterwards.
6. When she first moved to Miami, she only knew one person
His name was Derek and he was originally from the Bahamas. She bonded with him while browsing rap music online. She would send him sample tracks because he was American and, to her, that made his opinion "legit."
By the time she moved to Miami, Derek was also living there. Without ever meeting in person, he picked her up at the airport on July 4th with his friends and her career only took off from there.
7. She had to stop crowdsurfing at shows because people kept trying to finger her
And apparently girls try to do it more than the guys...
8. Her first tattoo was inspired by something she had seen written on a wall
That tattoo says "Trust Your Struggle"; she got it tattooed on herself within an hour of seeing it displayed across the wall.
9. She dropped out of high school to move to Miami to get closer to the hip-hop scene
Azalea's father was an artist while her mother was a housecleaner. Her family struggled to make ends meet and Iggy helped her mother clean houses in order to save money to pursue her dreams.
10. Azalea was the first female and international rapper to make it on XXL's annual Top 10 Freshman list
Well that accomplishment speaks for itself, doesn't it?
11. Her birth name is Amethyst Amelia Kelly
So where did the name come from? Iggy was the name of a dog she had while growing up, whereas Azalea was the street she grew up on.
12. Her go to work-out regime consists of squats and sit-ups
Clearly that's working for her, so I guess it's time for us all to follow suit. I mean look at that!
13. Revolve Clothing has its own Iggy Azalea shopping section
14. Iggy first appeared on the scene back in 2011 when her songs “Pu$y” and “My World” went viral on YouTube
Many people falsely believe that "Work" and "Fancy" are what put her on the map, but she was on there way before those songs aired.
15. She's inspired by Tupac
16. She got her first fake ID at the age of 13
Iggy is a wild child. She told Complex magazine:
When I was 13 I got a fake ID. I’d go out, get hammered off my face in nightclubs because I thought that made me an adult, meet older guys who thought I was older, and go f*ck them.
I’d do that all the time. Hitchhiking was something I would do all the time as a kid. When I was 14 I used to go to the red light district called Kings Cross and go to strip clubs.
Photo via Tumblr