Things You Can Relate To When Your Dad Is Your Best Friend
#Dads, aren't they the real MVPs, though?
Since the day I was born, my dad has taught me no dream is too unattainable or too ridiculous for me to achieve.
He's always been there for me as a comforting shoulder to lean on, and he always has welcoming arms for me to run into when I haven't seen him in awhile.
Needless to say, Dad, this one's for you.
In honor of Father's Day, and my dad, who's the raddest dude around town, here are 18 things you only know to be true if your dad is your best friend.
1. You want his approval for any guy you bring home to meet the family.
2. The guy you're dating is terrified to meet your dad, because you've talked him up to the max.
3. His dad jokes never, ever get old… and he never stops cracking them, either.
4. Going out for pizza and beers with Dad always sounds like a prime plan to you.
5. You low-key pick out Dad's clothes so he won't commit a fashion faux pas.
6. He taught you everything there is to know about muscle cars, classic rock, and NASCAR… because, duh.
7. You simultaneously laugh at all of the same scenes in movies that no one else in the theater finds funny.
8. You watch the same TV shows.
9. You can always count on Dad to deliver clutch advice.
10. You want to learn everything there is to know about his passions.
11. Along with your mom, Dad's your number one cheerleader.
12. Dad can be cheesy and corny AF at times, but you wouldn't want him to be any other way.
13. Your guy friends are his friends. For real though, he's casually a member of your squad more than you are.
14. He knows all the right things to do (pizza, please) and say when you're down in the dumps.
15. He makes it known that the guy who broke your heart is a complete and utter piece of sh*t.
16. He's the first person you hit up when you have an extra ticket to the Yankees game.
17. He's also the first person you call when you're having car troubles, or if something in your apartment breaks.
18. Even though you want to roll your eyes at times when he wants to talk some sense into you, you know he's right.