For all of my beach babies who live in the sand throughout the summer, it's one of the most difficult things to endure when the season comes to a close.
You long for more days soaking up the sunshine and diving into the beautiful deep blue.
You'd love to hit up your favorite ice cream shop just a few more times, and a stroll down the boardwalk at sunset never seemed like such a dream.
The separation anxiety is all too real, and it's tough AF to cope when you have to bid farewell to your favorite season, once again.
Let's be honest: Summer is the one season that deserves a freaking speeding ticket.
So, to make the most of this glorious time of year, here are 14 subtle summer tattoos to get if you're all about those good times and tan lines.
Round up your girlfriends and get matching ones on vacation, or take a walk on the spontaneous side and get tatted up solo.
1. A wave on the back of your shoulder or on your wrist, for the gal who lives by "high tides and good vibes" all summer long.
2. A palm tree on your ankle, for the tropical goddess.
3. An anchor that will forever keep you bonded to the ocean.
4. A dream catcher that will keep all of your beach dreams close to heart.
5. Different phases of the moon, for your summer night fantasies.
6. A baby sea turtle for the chick who loves to swim with the fishes.
7. A beautiful seashell for all of the true mermaids at heart.
8. "Wanderlust" for the avid traveler.
9. A sailboat, to ensure you're always cruising along the waves.
10. A sun, for the babes who love soaking up the rays.
11. A compass that will always guide you back to the shore, no matter where you're at in life.
12. “Ocean Child” because, it's your home.
13. A small popsicle, so your life will always be oh-so sweet.
14. A pineapple, because it's always piña colada time somewhere.