Being ghosted is brutal, especially when things seemed OK and the ghosting literally comes out of left field. I'm not sure where people got the idea that's it's alright to enter and then leave someone's life without any sort of explanation whatsoever. Nonetheless, life goes on, and a little subtle revenge is in order. It's time for Instagram captions that throw shade at that sucker who honestly doesn't deserve you.
We can't control people. How much easier would life be though, right? We can only control our reaction to the way people treat us. It's normal to feel sort of down if you felt readily invested in someone and they just left you on the back burner. But sooner or later, you have to reestablish your worth and keep going forward.
The world doesn't stop for your self-pity and neither should you. Get up, get out, and capture every golden moment you are having here on out with your camera. You're literally only a snap away from proving that you are over and done with that unreliable and unneeded human being.
Pairing a flawless Instagram picture with a witty as hell caption will not only make that lingering ghost feel remorse, but it'll make you feel incredibly better. At the end of the day, your ego may be damaged a little bit, but you're clicks away from getting your groove back. Thank goodness for social media and its ability to frame our relentlessness for the world to see. If you've ever been ghosted and are in the recovery period of the grueling process of trying to forget it, try accessorizing your glorious Instagram pic with some of this shade. Yes, it's free.
1. "Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option." -- Mark Twain
2. "I never hated a man enough to give his diamonds back." -- Zsa Zsa Gabor
3. "I like my relationships like I like my eggs — over easy." -- Jared Kintz
4. "A weak man can't love a strong woman, he won't know what to do with her." -- Unknown
5. "Silly me, expecting too much from people again." -- Unknown
6. "You are not required to set yourself on fire to keep other people warm." -- Unknown
7. "Not everyone you lose is a loss." -- Unknown
8. “As usual, there is a great woman behind every idiot.” -- John Lennon
9. “It's not the men in your life that matters, it's the life in your men.” -- Mae West
10. “All discarded lovers should be given a second chance, but with somebody else.” -- Mae West
11. "Endure the present, and watch for better things." -- Virgil
12. "Don't chase people. Be yourself, do your own thing and work hard." -- Will Smith
13. “Some people don't realize what they have until it's gone, but that does not always mean they are supposed to get it back.” -- Stephan Labossiere
14. “Don't come back when you realize that I'm rare.” -- Genereux Philip
15. “Sometimes a woman will look back on what she had, not because she wants to go there but to motivate her to do better.” -- Reuben "Mulah Truth" Holmes II
16. "If I cut you off, chances are, you handed me the scissors." -- Unknown
17. "I know what I bring to the table so trust me when I say I'm not afraid to eat alone." -- Unknown
18. "A man wrapped up in himself makes a very small bundle." -- Benjamin Franklin
There's no simple remedy to get over the seemingly detrimental feeling of being ghosted completely out of the blue, but hopefully these captions are your gateway to forgetting the fool that let you go. Words are power, so get yours out there and bring on the shade ASAP.