Have you ever called people sketchy before? What made you call them that? Is it because they hide absolutely anything and everything they do? If they were open about it, would you still call them sketchy? Of course not.
If you're going to do something, then f*cking do it and own up to it. Otherwise, what's the point of even doing it? If you feel as if you need to hide whatever the hell it is you're up to, then maybe you shouldn't be doing it.
Sound simple? Of course it does, but most people are so insecure that they feel as if they must hide parts of themselves.
To those people, I ask you this — is this how you want to go about living your life? How can you be confident in yourself if you can't even accept what it is you are doing?
The answer is you really can't. You are a representation of every decision you have ever made, and until you're ready to own up to these decisions, it seems virtually impossible to live a life of honesty.
This is your life, and these are your choices — you should embrace every single aspect of it. You should feel confident enough to shout these choices from the rooftops because this is who you are.
If you aren't happy with the choices you are making, it's really never too late to change them. No one can use your past against you if you learn from it, embrace it and make the changes you want to make.
No one will judge you for this. In fact, people will commend you for the immense progress you have made.
As long as you own up to things you have done, you really can get away with anything. Taking responsibility for your actions is a huge indicator of maturity and adulthood.
So what do some of those situations actually look like when applied to real life?
1. If there's something you want to do, then no one can make you feel bad for it.
2. If there's a goal you want to achieve, then don't be persuaded by other people's opinion.
3. If you aren't willing to take credit for something, then you don't deserve it.
4. If you can't change what's already happened, then don't deny it.
5. If you're going to cheat on your diet, then eat the whole damn pizza.
6. If it's your life, then don't let other people live it.
7. If you're going to bitch about people, then bitch to people.
8. If you're going to drink on a work night, then get yourself to the office the next morning.
9. If you agree to terms, then don't back out.
10. If you're going to say something, then don't go back on your word.
11. If you're going to complain about your job, then find a different one.
12. If you're not happy in your relationship, then get the f*ck out of it.
13. If you're going to make a promise, then you better keep it.
14. If you smoke cigarettes, then f*cking buy your own.
15. If it's your decision, then make it.
16. If you're going to commit to someone, then don't cheat.
17. If you're going to cheat on someone, then don't deny it.
18. If you're going to pick a fight, then you better have the facts.
19. If you aren't happy with the way something is, make that change.
20. If you're going to drain your bank account, then make it worth it.
21. If you're going to offer to buy a round of shots, then don't expect anyone to pay you back.
22. If you're going to be a bitch, then be prepared to never back down.
23. If you're going to fall in love, then don't dip out when times get tough.
24. If you're going to have a one-night stand, then don't be mad when you don't receive a text the next day.
25. If you're going to day drink, then clear your entire next day's schedule.
26. If you cut somebody out of your life, then don't text that person when you're drunk.
27. If you want a hot body, then you better be prepared to work for it.
28. If you're going to borrow money, then you better pay it back.
29. If you're going to binge drink, then don't expect someone to hold your hair back.
30. If you throw a punch, then be ready to take one.
31. If you want money, you better make it.
32. If you're going to forgive, then be willing to forget.
33. If you want to be independent, then don't be afraid to be alone.
34. If you want a better life, then go make one for yourself.
35. If you're unhappy, then stop making excuses to stay that way.
36. If you hate your hair, then just cut it off.
37. If you want to see the world, sell everything you own and buy a plane ticket.
38. If you want to date someone, then stop asking for approval.
39. If you want a raise, then just ask for it.
40. If you don't want to commit to plans, then don't f*cking make them in the first place.
41. If you don't want to talk to someone, then don't fake being nice.
42. If you're going to take a personal day, then do something with it.
43. "If you're going to be really f*cking mean, then don't do it behind a computer screen." - Said everyone ever at Elite Daily.
44. If you're going to talk sh*t, then be ready to say it to their face.