What Are You Going To Do With Your Life?
Life has no rehearsals, second chances or reset button. It is the brutal truth that so many hate to admit and is in turn making a lot of people afraid of doing anything to risk the content state of being they may have already reached. What people should be afraid of is not the loss of the bare minimum required to scrape by.
They should be afraid of not creating a legacy, something that you uniquely crafted in your own image that will let others along with yourself know that you took advantage of all of the opportunities the world had in store in for you.
You should be afraid that you are ignoring the call of the universe to put your stamp on it and see just how far your mission to get everything you want out of life can take you. Life is all about simply having your story retold after your time is done. It's about deciding what to do with the glorious reward of time you have been given.
What separates the people who do something valuable with their life from pedestrians absorbed in complacency is the way they react to fear, pressure, and the call to arms that is freedom and opportunity. To actually do something with your life you need to be bold, ambitious and ready to put it all on the line. You were put on this planet to mold your world in your image, not just to follow the same routine as the majority of those around you by being stuck in a miserable 9-5 job.
Making the decision to actually do something with your life that many will call you crazy for takes courage. In fact, some of the greatest innovators of our time were called crazy when they first started out.
Those who don't realize what the world is about are so narrow minded and content with their life that when you actually share something with them that has potential to bring you out of the every day routine, to them it seems crazy. Life is a beautiful thing that we should all be thankful for, not something that we should just blow away by being a boring follower who doesn't understand the true value of it.
The thing that makes life so amazing is that with just a goal, idea or dream you have the ability to change your environment, the effect you have on others and even be remembered forever. There are those who are forgotten but then there are those who always have their story retold by others.
Everyone has natural need to want to be remembered, to want to be an active, vital member of their society who tried to bring their vision of the world to life. So, why not act on this impulse? It is the only way to clam this everlasting thirst that will eat away at you each day you ignore it.
Here are 16 tips that will help you actually do something with your life. The rest is ultimately up to you. We can give you the training wheels and the first push but it's up to you learn how to ride the bike.
1. The biggest secret of life is giving, if you have the balls to follow your dreams then you will understand that your definition of life should be something that should be shared. Let others know the essence of your reason to live and you will gain only love in return. You have a story to contribute to life that not many say they do.
2. Courage and confidence is everything. Sure, at first it will be tough but you will adapt and it will build over time. Knowing that you have built up the confidence to face anything put in front of you is worth the work it takes to know how to overcome all the obstacles that await your quest for something more. Courage is the fuel to achieving success, anyone will tell you that. The only people that lose in life are the cowards who give up.
3. When we were kids we loved fantasies, made up worlds, dreams and magic. Within our minds we are always still hopeful and young and while chasing your dream you will always remember how it feels like to be hopeful and young. It's an addicting feeling that only grows stronger each day you come closer to making your vision a reality, realizing more and more how wondrous the world can be.
4. Many are no longer independent because they are afraid. Doing something with your life makes you independent, a leader, aware of what you and you alone want out of this world. Don't be a follower, be the leader.
5. Dreams over drama. So many peoples lives have needless drama because of all the negativity that arises from all the little bumps in the road along the way. Staying focused and realizing each bump is necessary will make any and all drama fade away. Being caught up with anything that isn't standing directly in the way of you taking the next step seems obsolete when you are passionate about following your dreams.
6. Doing something with your life allows you to lead with example for your peers, kids and even their kids. It shows them that anything is possible. The feeling of knowing that you had an impact on the way people that matter to you think is in indescribable.
7. Understand that failure is a part of success. It is the best way to learn about what it takes to get what you want. Once you weed out all the mistakes you have made, the less effort you will have to exert towards the end of the journey.
8. Regret is one of the worst things to ever live with. It is what hinders your ability to learn and understand that the past is not going to repeat itself. However, it is important to remember how to continuously distance yourself from regret by taking advantage of each day as a new chance to further explore how to pursue your dream. Every time you keep running towards your dream, you run further away from regret.
9. Remember you are never too old to dream. Age means nothing when we know what we want.
10. You become someone of interest and therefore make an impression and stand out. You actually can have an interesting conversation with a person when they ask what you do rather than just saying you work for someone. You show others you have balls, a meaning, direction, purpose and the goal to conquer the world. You are the most interesting person in the room.
11. It is fun to prove the world wrong, so why follow the status quo?
12. The unknown unfolding of events that could transpire in the act of following your dream will spark a fear in your life that should wake you up. You should be afraid of complacency and having the same things happen to each day. Who knows what you will do with the knowledge and experience that comes with gaining a better understanding of what is required of you to reach your goal?
13. By doing something in our lives we learn that nothing can stand in our way and that the world has no boundaries. Anything is possible. For every obstacle that is thrown in front of you, there is always a way to overcome it. The only things that can make your mind stop thinking of ways to get through something are your own beliefs.
14. You have a front row seat to the greatest show in the world: the show where you succeed and are the first to see it happen in front of you. You can see your visions become reality and your own potential to be great grow every moment and in the end, find yourself being so thankful that you were one of the people that opted to make the most out of life.
15. Your life has no limits and neither does your dream. You don't have to be with the same types of people in the same kind of environment you think you belong in because it's what you are used to. You can be any type of person you want to, once you figure out how.
16. Being bold and having a dream can define you once you prove to others they have no say in who you can and cannot be. Acknowledging your dream and your desire to make this your primary focus places you and only you in control of everything that awaits you.
It's a lot of pressure but if you keep working to become who see you yourself as, each day will alleviate the stress more and more. Use that pressure to make sure all of your actions are only to bring you closer to your dream, and sure enough, they will.
Richie O'Flaherty | Elite.