16 Real Struggles Of Being Broke On The Friday You Don't Get Paid
The emotions you experience on payday versus that dreaded Friday in-between couldn't be any more different. This tweet basically visualizes these feelings perfectly:
Story of my life..... pic.twitter.com/Nq9flv0BuS — Carrie Bradshaw (@Carrie_Bradsh4w) October 28, 2014
One week, you're floating on cloud nine, while the next you are searching your couch cushions for spare change. So what is your Friday like when you aren't getting paid? Well...
1. Making a ton of plans and trying to figure out how you're going to afford them
You are amped and ready to go out tonight since you've successfully made it through yet another miserable work week. The only problem? You can't afford a cab to take you anywhere and you most certainly can't afford drinks at whatever bar you are planning on going to.
2. Thinking you're going to get paid and then realizing you have another week
There is no feeling in the world quite like the disappointment you experience when you think you're getting paid and then you just, well... don't.
Everything you thought you were going to be able to purchase has to be put off for yet another week.
3. Contemplating going home so you can get free meals
The best part about heading back to your parents' house is that you get to eat for free! They actually enjoy stuffing you up on homemade delicacies so when you're broke, this is an optimal way to satisfy your hunger.
4. Realizing the only thing you can afford is a $1 slice of pizza
The person who invented $1 slices is a godsend and should probably have a holiday dedicated to his or her honor.
5. You start planning what you're going to do when you stay in
You can't really afford to go out, so you must think of all the ways you're going to entertain yourself while you stay in to make yourself feel OK about not leaving your bed the whole weekend.
6. You start replaying all of the times when you "could've" saved money
whenever i get low on money i start thinking super irrationally like what if i hadn't spent that $10 back in '04 — Em (@emmibroda) October 19, 2014
Yep... because that would make all of the difference in the world.
7. You hope no one has a birthday over the weekend
How much does a guilt trip cost?
8. Pretending you lost your card so your friends will spot you until payday
If your friends are making you go out and they know you lost your card, isn't it just their responsibility to pay for you...? Hmm, that doesn't sound right...
9. You find a date who's willing to foot the entire bill
Desperate times call for desperate measures.
10. You have to brown bag your lunch to work
Even a $7 sandwich is out of the question as your budget definitely doesn't allow for that.
11. You definitely aren't going out to eat for dinner any time soon
You can only cook approximately four to five meals, which means you will just be eating the same foods over and over until you finally get paid.
12. You research what bars near you have the best happy hours
You've tried staying in and just can't, so the next best thing is to see what you can actually do that's within your budget.
13. You try endless amount of Lyft and Uber codes
Because clearly you can't afford transportation any other way — and no, not even the subway.
14. You contemplate McDonald's for the first time since you swore off fast food
I said contemplate, not cave in...
15. You fill up your various online shopping carts with items you will purchase the second you get your next paycheck
The only thing that makes you feel better about not being able to afford anything you want or need is the fact that in a mere week, all of that will change.
16. You offer to swipe things on your credit card for other people so they will pay you back in cash
This is perhaps the greatest scheme of them all!
Top Photo Courtesy: Twitter