Yesterday, Evan Spiegel basically turned the technological world upside down when he removed the best friends list from Snapchat.
For those of you who have hobbies and spend your time productively rather than stalking people, you may be unfamiliar with what happened.
Your best friend list is created based on the frequency of how often you send and receive pictures from a specific person. The top three individuals are thus displayed in descending order for all your contacts to creep on.
What does creator Spiegel have to say?
So what did life look like before the update?
You would think people would be happy about this for the most part, but the reactions we have seen are hilarious, ridiculous and, of course, entertaining.
1. The person who wants this to be a permanent change (aka the cheater)
2. Well, this is entirely too accurate
3. The guy who thinks his opinion is going to do something
4. The person who knows exactly what Spiegel's real intentions are
5. The person who still doesn't know WTF is going on
6. The awkward moment when this Amanda Bynes impersonator preached the truth
7. This goes out to all the insecure girls across the world
8. HOW STUPID DO YOU FEEL NOW, HUH?
9. Is this the best or worst way to look at the situation?
10. This guy just hit the nail on the f*cking head!
11. Wait a moment, is this the reason behind the best friend elimination?
12. I guess this chick has never heard of Evan Spiegel
13. Good for you for looking on the bright side
14. Our generation is straight f*cked
15. This could get really awkward really fast
16. GET A LIFE WOMAN!
17. Shout out to Snapchat friends making us look like social beings