10 Quotes From 'She's The Man' That Are Still Amazing 10 Years Later
I don’t know about you, but I can specifically remember being a 15-year-old-tomboy who fell in love with the movie, "She’s the Man."
To be frankly honest, it’s probably safe to say that my best friend at the time and I were quite obsessed with it.
Nearly every time we spent the night together, Amanda Bynes’ humor shined through the television, as we quoted every single one of our favorite lines.
And let’s all just take a moment to thank Channing Tatum for his rockin’ bod and gorgeous face. No, but seriously, thank you, Channing. Even through your “cheesy” (get it?) pick up lines, I still imagined marrying you.
By the way, gouda is most definitely NOT my favorite.
Honestly, though, how can I not love "She’s the Man" and Amanda Bynes for being the first female ever who showed me that it’s okay to just be me?
Having always felt like “one of the boys” during my youth, it’s easy to relate to Viola (Bynes) in finding it necessary to do whatever it takes to make her—or him— truly happy. To this day, I can’t watch the movie without quoting all the famous lines aloud, despite my roommate’s dirty looks.
Here are list of my favorite ones:
1. “Heels are a male invention designed to make a woman’s butt look smaller. And to make it harder to run away.”
Really, though. I can hardly walk in heels, let alone run in them.
2. “I can do this. I am a dude! I am a hunky dude! I’m a badass hunky dude!”
You go Viola! You’s a badass dude!
3. “Remember, inside every girl there’s a boy.”
Oh, Paul. You’re right, that so didn’t come out right. But we do know what you meant!
4. “OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! IT BURNS!”
Leave it to a female who’s pretending to be her brother to try and describe what it feels like to get drilled in the nuts (or not?) with a soccer ball.
5. “When I close my eyes, I see you for what you truly are…which is UGLY!”
This one is especially fun to quote, but you have to say “ugly” the same way Viola does, or it just doesn’t work.
6. “I’m allergic to the sun.”
Seems like a legitimate enough excuse to me to leave your shirt on for a shirts and skins game.
7. “Some are born great. Some achieve greatness.”
Okay, so this one doesn’t earn any funny points, but sexy Duke (Tatum) can say just about anything to make me want to chase my dreams.
8. Viola: “Ask me if I like cheese.” Duke: “Okay. Do you like cheese?” Viola: “Why, yes I do. My favorite’s Gouda.”
I honestly don’t have an explanation for why I’m almost 24 years old and still find this funny.
9. Viola’s mom: “He’s so handsome…and rugged…and chiseled…and great.” Viola: “Then why don’t you date him, Mom?”
The best thing about this is her mom’s face — like she’s actually considering what it would be like to date her daughter’s ex.
10. “Does he have your number? 1-800-BEYOTCH?”
I don’t have a brother. But I can only imagine the sh*t I would put the girls he brought home through.
I could go on and on with quotes from this movie. If you haven’t seen it yet, I’m not sure you’re human. But seriously, if you haven’t, go watch it. Right now. In fact, I think I’ll watch it for the 57th time right now.