Ariana Grande Reacts To Concert Explosion With A Heartbreaking Message
Late Monday evening, just hours after news broke that there had a been a "serious incident" at an Ariana Grande performance at Manchester Arena, the star took to Twitter to share a heartbreaking, devastating message. After reading the message once over, Ariana Grande's reaction to the concert explosion is absolutely gutting and completely captures the helplessness, fear, frustration, and total sadness of the scene that unfolded just hours earlier at what was supposed to be a night of celebration for her and her devoted fans.
UPDATE: Manchester police revealed Tuesday morning that at least 22 people are dead and about 60 injured after a lone bomber detonated an improvised explosive device outside an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, England. The attacker is deceased and police believe he acted alone. According to CNN, authorities are investigating whether the attacker was part of a broader terror network.
Here's how you can help victims of the attack, which is the deadliest Britain has seen since the 2005 London bombing.
Grande was not injured at the concert and tweeted after the event: "broken. from the bottom of my heart, i am so so sorry. i don't have words."
According to the Associated Press, 19 people have been confirmed dead and roughly 50 more were injured following the explosion (possibly more) that unfolded at the Manchester Arena shortly before 11 p.m. local time.
The Greater Manchester Police noted that emergency vehicles were also on the scene helping the injured and bomb disposal units were also on site outside the venue. In the aftermath of the attack, as the world came to terms with yet another senseless act of violence aimed at young women and children (many of whom were attending the concert together), Grande and her team announced that her tour had been suspended for the time being.
Sources close to the 23-year-old star told TMZ that though she was physically "okay" following the attack, the singer was "in hysterics."
In a statement released to the press, Grande's manager Scooter Braun updated fans, well wishers, and would-be concertgoers all over the world about the status of The Dangerous Woman tour. Though she had slated performances due up in Belgium, Poland, Germany, France, and Switzerland in the coming weeks, Braun said:
Tonight, our hearts are broken. Words cannot express our sorrow for the victims and families harmed in this senseless attack. We mourn the lives of children and loved ones taken by this cowardly act. We are thankful for the selfless service tonight of Manchester's first responders who rushed towards danger to help save lives. We ask all of you to hold the victims, their families, and all those affected in your hearts and prayers.
Until something changes or proves otherwise, the Greater Manchester Police are treating the attack at Manchester Arena as a terrorism. Added British Prime Minister Theresa May, the UK government is working to establish “the full details of what is being treated by the police as an appalling terrorist attack.”
But for right now, let's just hope that Grande and her team get the space they need and deserve to heal. And for Grande's fans, every possible thought and prayer is with them.