ABC

Robby Hayes' 'Bachelor In Paradise' Tweet Is Uncalled For

By
Share

Robby, Robby, Robby... You should really think before you tweet.

Bachelorette favorite from JoJo's season Robby Hayes was part of the cast of the recently-suspended season of Bachelor in Paradise, which ceased production over the weekend amid allegations of "misconduct."

In the wake of the news, Robby posted what he probably assumed was a coy, tongue-in-cheek tweet about having to leave Paradise, but fans of the franchise weren't loving it.

On Monday morning, a day after Warner Bros. announced BIP's indefinite suspension, Robby posted "What happens in paradise, stays in paradise," followed by the hashtag "No comment."

Seems pretty inoffensive, right? Well, it sure didn't after People reported that the reason Bachelor in Paradise got suspended is because of an alleged filmed sexual encounter between two contestants that reportedly may not have involved the consent of one of the contestants.

Update: On June 14, DeMario Jackson gave E! Online the following statement about the Bachelor in Paradise suspension and claims about his involvement: 

It's unfortunate that my character and family name has been assassinated this past week with false claims and malicious allegations. I will be taking swift and appropriate legal action until my name is cleared and, per the advice of legal counsel, will be seeking all available remedies entitled to me under the laws.

Corinne also released a statement to TMZ on Wednesday. She said: 

I am a victim and have spent the last week trying to make sense of what happened on June 4. Although I have little memory of that night, something bad obviously took place, which I understand is why production on the show has now been suspended and a producer on the show has filed a complaint against the production. As a woman, this is my worst nightmare and it has now become my reality. As I pursue the details and facts surrounding that night and the immediate days after, I have retained a group of professionals to ensure that what happened on June 4 comes to light and I can continue my life, including hiring an attorney to obtain justice and seeking therapy to begin dealing with the physical and emotional trauma stemming from that evening.

Earlier: Elite Daily reached out to ABC and Warner Brothers for comment on the allegations. Warner Brothers told Elite Daily:

We have become aware of allegations of misconduct on the set of Bachelor in Paradise in Mexico. We have suspended production and we are conducting a thorough investigation of these allegations. Once the investigation is complete, we will take appropriate responsive action.

Granted, Robby may not have known about the allegations when he posted that tweet, but it did cause an uproar among BIP fans.

The cast of this season of Bachelor in Paradise is reportedly back home now, and there's no word on when or if the series will continue filming.

Robby also posted about the suspended season of Bachelor in Paradise on his Instagram, abbreviating "Robby in Paradise" with the oh-so-appropriate "RIP" hashtag.

As the future of the Bachelor in Paradise franchise hangs in jeopardy following these allegations, rumors are growing even stronger that at least this season of the series has been canceled for good.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see if Robby gets another shot in Paradise next year... or ever?