Why Women Are Afraid To Commit
There are just some things a girl feels she needs to do before she commits.
Being in a relationship is absolutely spectacular, but it also comes with a lot of hard work, dedication and time.
You have to cover all the bases to give yourself that strong foundation of self in order to be ready for that next level of life.
“Me time” is so important, and should not be overlooked. Many girls in their 20s want to have that down pat before they embrace a relationship wholeheartedly.
If a gal doesn't have a sense of self, in addition to her own hobbies and passions she loves, she'll end up flailing when committing too soon.
Being in your 20s is a time of no regrets, so you should focus solely on what makes you happy, and never settle for anything less.
Here are 20 real reasons why you may be terrified to commit.
1. You haven't dated enough people to know the difference between settling and finding “the one.”
2. You haven't lived on your own.
3. You haven't found your true self just yet.
4. You haven't spent enough girl time with your friends.
5. You haven't traveled the world.
6. You aren't completely over an ex-boyfriend.
7. You don't want to get hurt again, because you've been hurt in the past.
8. You don't want to fall for someone and end up being disappointed.
9. You don't want to put all of your eggs in one basket, while wondering if the grass is greener on the other side.
10. You're a serial dater.
11. You're picky.
12. You're in a job you hate.
13. You've been in a long-term relationship before, and need time to do you.
14. You may be dealing with a family or medical issue that's all-consuming.
15. You wonder if a guy is the real deal, or faking it. Will he be the same once we're in a relationship?
16. You don't have your emotional act together.
17. You're not ready to give up dating other guys.
18. You don't want the newness of the relationship to wear down.
19. You don't want to turn into a heartbreaker.
20. You don't want to find your soulmate too soon, and then screw it up altogether because you're not ready.
The above list of fears bring on an entire new fear of its own: Do I want to be alone? When all of your friends are getting into committed relationships and tying the knot, you might be feeling lonely AF.
The fear of commitment is all to real. But one thing is for sure: If the perfect guy walks into your life and things seem just right, you'll know it.
If you have too much anxiety over whether it's the right time or the right person, it's usually not either. Listen to your mind, and your heart.
That inner voice of questioning and reasoning usually knows what's up, so value its opinion.