15 Signs He Sees You As His Backup Plan
We all want to be the winner who goes home with the gold trophy in the end.
In the dating world today, it feels pretty crummy to be anyone's backup plan. You may be unaware you're chilling in the way back of a guy's playbook because he knows how to keep you interested (with minimal effort).
This sly, keen kind of casanova knows just how to work it to really suit HIS fancy, while keeping YOU on your toes all the time.
It's time to face the facts: He's either into you, or he's not. And if he's not, it's time to move on because you deserve so much better than settling for second best.
NO ONE PUTS BABY IN A CORNER. So, if you sense any of these red flags, tell him where to go.
Here are 15 signs he only sees you as his backup plan, and never his game plan.
1. He only makes plans when it's convenient for him.
2. He'll only text when he wants to.
3. When he does text, he takes his time responding.
4. He rarely includes you with his friends.
5. He's an opportunist; he'll ditch plans with you if a better one arises.
6. He never introduced you to his family, and probably never will.
7. He always keeps you guessing about his feelings for you.
8. When you start to doubt him, he leaves a trail of breadcrumbs to keep you intrigued.
9. It's a rarity for him to take you out on romantic, sweet dates.
10. He never made a commitment to you (even though you feel like you're in a relationship). He wants to keep you around, and also wants to keep his options open.
11. He doesn't fight for you, but will get annoyed if another guy gives you attention at the bar.
12. After not texting you back, he'll drop a like on the Insta you posted to keep you on your toes.
13. He hits you up when he needs to blow off steam after a bad day at work.
14. He's essentially a big kid, and has a lot of growing up to do.
15. He's immature at times when he should be trying to impress you and win your attention.
When it comes down to it, don't make excuses for him, and try to see beyond his handsome looks… because they'll fade over time. And when they do, what will you have left?
If he only sees you as his backup, and never his go-to game plan, he doesn't deserve your time, effort, or heart.