Love is a pretty powerful drug. When you feel it, you really feel it. It can suspend time, making the whole world seem still except for you two.
It feeds you more than any nourishment; you feel full in the presence of love.
But there's a vast difference between love and true love. True love knows no depth. It's an endless tunnel that sweeps you up in the whirlwind and you're never quite free from it. It stays with you. And you hope this person will too.
True love isn't ordinary. It doesn't come around often and that's how you'll know it's genuine.
....Or, you know, you could read this list and find out for yourself. Here are the 21 signs you are truly in love with your partner:
1. You see something and instead of thinking how happy it makes you, you think about how happy it would make them.
2. You feel more at home with them than you've ever felt in your entire life. Even when you were 7 and had all the stuffed animals in the world.
3. You find yourself singing Macy Gray at various times throughout the day.
4. You can get all-out mad or depressed or happy or whatever it is that you are in front of them. And you know it won't change how they feel about you.
5. Patience: It doesn't matter how long it takes for them to understand something, you enjoy spending the time teaching or learning from them.
6. You have the option to wear your go-to outfit, but still take an extra five minutes to get ready.
7. You live for their quirks. You love that they take up the entire dance floor when they break a move. You love that you can't share meals because they hate chicken. You love that they will discuss celebrities like they're your real friends. You'd much rather have them be weird than anyone else.
8. You still go over to their place no matter how late at night it is and how tired you feel. It's always worth it.
9. You don't desire other people. Yes, you might find some of them attractive, but no part of you wants them.
10. Their happiness means more than your own.
11. You willingly give in to the things you normally don't compromise on.
12. You never grow tired of their company. It's always just better when they are there. Even if you two don't fill the silence, you're content simply knowing they are present.
13. You have moments of insecurity but their reassurance makes you realize it doesn't matter. Only when they say things will be fine do you genuinely believe it.
14. You associate certain scents with them. Cut grass reminds you of the time after your morning run. Football leather brings you to autumn evenings spent playing catch in the leaves. And don't get us started on the smell of their pillow….
15. You dream of all the ways you can take care of them more than you dream of all the ways you want them to take care of you.
16. You never don't want to listen to them – even when they sing Motown absolutely terribly in the shower.
17. When you do fight -- it's part of loving someone -- you truly don't want to be mad at them. You don't talk badly about them after it's resolved either because you know their actions came from a good place.
18. As if it's even possible, you find them to be even cuter when they are sleeping. (I promise this isn't creepy…)
19. They can come at you with anything -- news, secrets, maybe even a baseball bat --- and you won't judge or hate them for it.
20. You wake up happy if only because you get to see them that day.
21. Neither of you think about Channing Tatum during sex.