Getting drunk with your best friend is an experience in and of itself. It takes us on wild and ridiculous adventures with the one person we trust with our lives — Hmm, maybe this is the reason we are totally comfortable getting obliterated with her.
We really don't have a care in the world other than ensuring we have a sustainable amount of alcohol to get us through the night we have ahead. And with a bottle of tequila, wine or vodka and our BFF, what more do we even really need?
I guess the Uber app would come in handy so that the world is really your oyster. But as fun as these nights out together can be they can also prove to be quite dangerous and eye-opening.
For some reason, once the booze starts flowing, the word vomit does too. This creates and perpetuates a vicious cycle that will take place over the duration of your evening — laugh, drink, cry and repeat -- aka the highs and lows of our night.
So what does this cycle really look like? Well...
1. High: You treat your friend to a $10 bottle of wine
This is quite the upgrade from your usual $6 bottle from Trader Joe's.
2. Low: It might be out of a bottle, but it tastes like it's out of a box
Throwback to those college days of chugging Franzia straight from the box.
3. High: You have both relinquished any and all inhibitions
Isn't that the point of drinking?
4. Low: You both decide it's a smart decision to pee outside the bar, resulting in an arrest for public urination
So is that a felony? Will your employers find out about this? What exactly happens next...?
5. High: You can reminisce about all of your favorite stories
Is there anything better than reminiscing about the glory days over a nice, strong drink?
6. Low: You accidentally revealed a secret you've been keeping for years
As long as it doesn't have to do with sleeping with her current boyfriend, you should be in the clear.
7. High: You don't have to wear heels
Who are you trying to impress? Exactly!
8. Low: You're not the one getting hit on
So much for ladies' night...
9. High: You both want to pregame to spend as little money out as possible
Why pay $15 for a glass of wine when you can drink an entire bottle in your apartment for the low cost of $10? Why do people even bother drinking at bars?
10. Low: You got too drunk and never left your apartment
I guess there really is something called too much of a good time.
11. High: You can be yourself because you are fully comfortable with each other
There is really nothing better than sipping on a strong beverage while letting your guard down.
12. Low: When you decide you want to be somebody else, she blows up your spot
So much for trying to convince that guy at the bar you are a lawyer from Boston. Thanks a lot to your friend who just revealed you are nothing more than an office secretary.
13. High: You can get as embarrassingly drunk with her as you please
This is a judgment-free zone, and thank God for that.
14. Low: You got so embarrassingly drunk, you don't even remember hanging out with her
But isn't this a great excuse to do it again next week?
15. High: You finally have a wingwoman to go out with
There really is no better accessory than a solid wingwoman.
16. Low: Awkwardly, you end up solo
Well, that backfires when you're the one who ends up chilling at the bar by herself.
17. High: You romanticize how much you love each other
If you didn't drink, how would your friends know you love them at 2 am?
18. Low: It will inevitably dissolve into tears
So much for putting on a fresh face of makeup and keeping it on the entire night.
19. High: You're honest, so you make sure you both look the best you possible could
You and your friend are real and honest — there are no false and backward compliments other people use to ensure they are the best looking of the bunch.
20. Low: You get drunk and reveal how much better she looks than you
It may be a low for you, but it's definitely a high for her.
21. High: You're good enough friends, you can share clothes
It's a way to reinvent your wardrobe without spending a dollar.
22. Low: You're never seeing those items back in your closet ever again
Too bad you and your apparel will never reunite again, unless of course she wears it in front of you.
23. High: You take the best picture of your life
Let's be honest — this is really why you went out in the first place.
24. Low: How low your like-to-minute ratio is
Is it too late to delete it?
25. High: You're on your third drink, and you're on top of the world
See! You can figure out your limits.
26. Low: You're on your sixth shot and can't even remember either of your names
Ha. Just kidding — what are limits anyway?
27. High: When it's finally time to hit the pizza place
It's the moment you've both been waiting for.
28. Low: How awful and gross you feel when you finally finish it
And thus begins the exclamation that your diet will restart on Monday.
29. High: You're feeling like you're a 10 tonight
Oh yes, tonight is the night.
30. Low: The only lipstick you are reapplying is from your red glass of wine
As long as it's not on your teeth, what's the problem?
31. High: You both claim to want a semi-casual night out
Isn't this how it always starts?
32. Low: You get your ass thrown out of a Dave and Buster's and every bar after
If you never tell anyone this happened, did it ever really happen?