Michelle Obama is a lot of things.
She's the first lady of the United States. She's a mother. She's a wife. She's a crusader for women and children.
She's also a certified #GirlBoss.
Whether it's teaching the public healthy eating habits, promoting education or advocating for girls' rights, the Chicago native is always using her power to help others.
So today, in honor of FLOTUS' 52nd birthday, we've compiled a list of 12 times she proved to be the ultimate #GirlBoss.
1. When she went camping on the White House lawn with Girl Scouts
2. When she shared this adorable throwback picture of her family
3. When she encouraged teens to #ReachHigher and pursue education
4. When she wasn't afraid to show off her sweet side
5. When she joined forces with Miss Piggy and read to children
6. When she helped military children decorate cookies for their loved ones
7. When she advocated for better education for girls in the Middle East
8. When she invited kids into the White House garden to teach them about healthy eating
9. When she was the most fashionable first lady since Jackie O
10. When she visited sick children at St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital
11. When she reminded everyone how tough she is
12. And when she hung out with Queen Bey