This Guy Just Gave Us All The Best Reason Not To Smoke E-Cigarettes

by Kate Ryan

One man has to go jean shopping today after his pants were ruined by an e-cigarette that reportedly blew up in his pocket. Josh Hamilton, of Owensboro, Kentucky, was buying snacks at a gas station convenience store when sparks began flying out of his pants.

Swatting the fire that erupted on this leg, Hamilton ran outside the store and rolled on the ground. Quickly, an employee put the flames out with a fire extinguisher while a woman helped him pull off his pants.

Hamilton suffered second-degree burns from the explosion, and the image he posted on Facebook of his charred leg is pretty graphic. In the caption accompanying the photo, he wrote,

Yeah it got me good! It was like I had one of those fountain type fireworks going off in my pocket.

Watch the video below and avoid storing flammable objects too close to your precious jewels.

Remember, there are other ways to get stoned without having to risk your pants catching fire. Just take it from this cannabis chef. 

Citations: Kentucky man hospitalized with second-degree burns after e-cigarette battery explodes in his pocket at gas station (WARNING: GRAPHIC IMAGE) (NY Daily News)