This has been a banner first year for Disney+. The streamer, which launched in November of 2019, was a risky gamble. The production studio bet big on its brand recognition and extensive library, relying on the idea that it could attract viewers away from Netflix on the promise of showing nothing but Disney-owned franchises. The hope was that the stream would have 60 million subscribers by the end of the first five years; it passed that number by the end of summer 2020. And with what's coming to Disney+ next month, it sounds like even more users will be enticed to join in November.
A year into launch, Disney+ has settled into a clear arrival pattern for new content. Fridays are the magic day, both for weekly episodes of current shows and older Disney content making its way home to the streamer.
November brings new episodes of both The Mandalorian Season 2 and the rest of the streamer's latest hit, The Right Stuff. Weird But True and Magic of Disney's Animal Kingdom will have their Season 1 finales, as will the year-long One Day At Disney, which airs its Season 1 finale on Nov. 20, a year and a day after the show premiered.
Disney+'s new original series arriving this month will include three new docuseries. Marvel's 616 is a deep dive into the comic series, Inside Pixar is a look at the animation powerhouse, and The Real Right Stuff is a companion piece about the real story behind Disney's new historical drama. There's also a brand new animated series, The Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse, reviving Disney's flagship character in new adventures. In the live-action space, there's the debut of the Disney+ original movie Black Beauty, based on the children's classic novel.
But the most significant arrival comes mid-month, with a brand new Lucasfilm title, the LEGO Star Wars Holiday Special, marking the second-ever celebration of Life Day. Considering how legendarily terrible the original Star Wars Holiday Special was back in the 1970s, fans of all ages will tune in to check out what LEGO can do with the material 40+ years later.
Here's the full list of Disney+ arrivals for November.
Friday, Nov. 6
- Disney Goldie & Bear (Season 1-2)
- Disney Junior Fancy Nancy: Fancy it Yourself (Season 1)
- Disney's A Christmas Carol
- Mr. Magoo
- The Mandalorian Season 2 "Chapter 10"
- Magic of Disney's Animal Kingdom, Season 1 "The Big Egg Switcheroo"
- The Right Stuff, Season 1 "VOSTOK"
- Weird But True, Season 3 Finale "Camping"
- One Day At Disney, Season 1 "Leslie Evans: Senior R&D Imagineer"
Friday, Nov. 13
- Petra: City of Riches
- Ultimate Viking Sword
- The Mandalorian, Season 2 "Chapter 11"
- Magic of Disney's Animal Kingdom, Season 1 Finale "Baby Gorilla Grace"
- Inside Pixar
- The Right Stuff, Season 1 "Ziggurat"
- One Day At Disney, Season 1 "Mark Gonzalez: Steam Train Engineer"
Tuesday, Nov. 17
- LEGO Star Wars Holiday Special
Wednesday, Nov. 18
- The Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse, Season 1 "Supermarket Scramble" & "Cheesewranglers"
Friday, Nov. 20
- Planes: Fire Rescue
- Marvel's 616
- The Real Right Stuff
- The Mandalorian, Season 2 "Chapter 12"
- The Right Stuff, Season 1 Finale "Flight"
- One Day At Disney, Season 1 Finale
Friday, Nov. 27
- Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day
- The Adventures of Yellow Dog: Far From Home
- Marvel's Spider-Man: Maximum Venum (Season 3)
- Once Upon a Time in Wonderland
- Party Animals (Season 1)
- Alaska: Port Protection
- Black Beauty
- The Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse, Season 1 "House of Tomorrow" & "Hard to Swallow"
- The Mandalorian, Season 2 "Chapter 13"
This article was originally published on