9 'Home Alone' Quotes For Instagram That Are Perfect For You Filthy Animals
Thanksgiving means that it's time for two very important things: loading up on all the turkey you can eat and officially starting to get excited for Christmas. And since there really aren't any good Thanksgiving movies anyway, after scarfing down Thanksgiving dinner, you and your family will probably be plopping onto couches to watch a Christmas classic, like Home Alone perhaps. The 1990 family comedy is one of the most beloved holiday movies ever thanks to its Rube Goldberg hijinks and instantly quotable script. Liven up your Instagram this holiday season with these Home Alone quotes! After all, pretty much everyone has seen Home Alone, and these quotes are sure to be a magnet for faves if you use them correctly in your Insta captions.
If you're stumped for Instagram caption ideas during the upcoming holiday season, look no further than Home Alone and its sequel Home Alone 2: Lost in New York (sorry, I'm not recognizing those post-Macaulay Culkin follow-ups). Whether you are fed up with your neglectful family or enjoying all the culinary delights of Thanksgiving and Christmas, Kevin MacCallister has you covered. Check out these Insta-ready Home Alone quotes below.
1. "We live on the most boring street in the whole United States of America, where nothing even remotely dangerous will ever happen. Period."
Kevin McCallister's jerky older brother Buzz was obviously way off base when he said this, which is what wound up making it so funny. If your holiday festivities get a little chaotic as well, this would make a perfect, cheeky caption for a wild photo.
2. "Fuller! Go easy on the Pepsi!"
We've all got that hyperactive kid cousin (only one if you're lucky), who bounces off the walls throughout every family holiday. This is made for pics with those crazy kids.
3. "Guys, I'm eating junk and watching rubbish! You better come out and stop me!"
Honestly, what are the holidays for if not eating a ton of food and watching movies? Kevin understood that.
4. "This is my house, I have to defend it."
You probably won't have to launch a full-scale battle against two robbers this holiday season, but you may still need to defend your home against relatives bringing over gross appetizers... or their backwards political rants.
5. "I have been awake for almost 60 hours. I'm tired and I'm dirty. I have been from Chicago to Paris to Dallas to... where the hell am I?"
For most of us, the holidays also mean traveling. Airports aren't exactly the place where people tend to be super calm and collected, just ask Kevin's mom. If you're also getting frustrated by holiday travels, echoing her words could make for the perfect Insta caption.
6. "Bless this highly nutritious microwavable macaroni and cheese dinner and the people who sold it on sale. Amen."
Hey, not every holiday meal is going to be a full-on feast. Take a note from Kevin and show your thanks for even your less glamorous meals.
7. "You can mess with a lot of things, but you can't mess with kids on Christmas."
If someone is trying to be a Scrooge or Grinch to you this year and dampen you Christmas spirit, hit them with Kevin's words of wisdom.
8. "Two scoops, sir?" "Two? Make it three. I'm not driving."
For when the holiday meal is so good you need to go back for thirds.
9. "Merry Christmas, ya filthy animal."
Last but definitely not least, the most memorable quote from Home Alone (actually from the sequel) is always appropriate throughout the Christmas season. Use it well, my fellow filthy animals.