There’s something so dreamy about the idea of traveling the world that makes us all want to put life on hold for a bit and escape reality. By jetting off to someplace you’ve never been before, you open yourself up to the unknown, where an endless amount of possibilities await your arrival — and that in itself is extremely tempting. If you constantly develop a passionate itch to travel, and cannot fathom the thought of remaining in one place for too long, this gem’s for you. Wherever your travels may take you, may your journey and the memories made along the way be nothing short of irreplaceable. Here are 40 Instagram captions for traveling, made for my fellow wanderers of the world who make it their life’s mission to explore new places and dream big.
1. "I do believe it's time for another adventure.”
2. “Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing.” — Dr. Seuss
3. "Work hard, travel harder."
4. "Wander often, wonder always."
5. "I've got a bad case of wanderlust."
6. "We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us."
7. “A journey is best measured in friends rather than miles.” — Tim Cahill
8. "Let's wander where the wifi is weak." — Barcelover
9. "It is not down in any map; true places never are." — Herman Melville
10. "Take me anywhere."
11. "Wherever you go becomes a part of you somehow." — Anita Desai
12. "The life you have led doesn't need to be the only life you have." — Anna Quindlen
13. "I must be a mermaid... I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living." — Anais Nin
14. "Wherever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius
15. "We have nothing to lose, and a world to see."
16. "Where you lead, I will follow." — Carole King
17. "We dream in colors borrowed from the sea."
18. "I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list." — Susan Sontag
19. "Finding paradise wherever I go."
20. "If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try." — Seth Godin
21. "The tans will fade, but the memories will last forever."
22. "In the end, we only regret the chances we didn't take." — Lewis Carroll
23. "You don't need magic to disappear, all you need is a destination."
24. "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." — Saint Augustine
25. “It's your road, and yours alone. Others may walk it with you, but no one can walk it for you.” — Rumi
26. "I have an insane calling to be where I'm not."
27. "One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things." — Henry Miller
28. “Of all the books in the world, the best stories are found between the pages of a passport.”
29. "I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way." — Carl Sandburg
30. "Life begins at the end of your comfort zone." — Neale Donald Walsch
31. “And at the end of the day, your feet should be dirty, your hair messy, and your eyes sparkling.” — Shanti
32. “So much of who we are is where we have been.” — William Langewiesche
33. "Where you are is where I want to be."
34. "I'm in love with cities I've never been to and people I've never met." — Melody Truong
35. "Wanderlust. A desire to travel, to understand one's very existence."
36. "Some beautiful paths can't be discovered without getting lost." — Erol Ozan
37. "Travel far enough, you meet yourself." — David Mitchell
38. "Traveling isn't always about running away from things, sometimes it's about running into what you truly want."
39. "We lose ourselves in things we love. We find ourselves there, too." — Kristin Martz
40. "Find a beautiful place, and get lost."
This post was originally published on Oct. 6, 2017. It was updated on Sept. 17, 2019.