Real talk: There's nothing better than the weekend. Well, unless you have a long weekend ahead of you. That extra day to rest and have fun at home is necessary, and so are some long weekend captions for when you want to show it off on the ‘gram. Sometimes, you’re #blessed with a holiday three-day weekend or you’ve managed to save up some PTO to treat yourself to a mini staycation. Whatever the reason may be, you’re ready to relax and finally check off a few of those items on your to-do list that you’ve been meaning to get to.
A relaxing long weekend includes sleeping in without setting your alarm, and using your time to make a scrumptious, Insta-worthy breakfast. Prepare a colorful dish like avocado toast with all your fave toppings — tomatoes, onions, an egg, and some cayenne pepper — and brew a fancy latte. Then, it’s time to finally finish your latest romance novel while lounging out in the backyard, or cozy up with your pup on the couch while catching up on your fave shows. Naps are welcome, whenever and wherever your heart desires.
If something chill isn’t really your jam, set up an Olympic-worthy obstacle course in the backyard for you and your roomies to tackle. Get crafty with a DIY project and make your own homemade candles or tie-dye your old sweatshirts. For the romantic, plan at-home time with your partner to enjoy a backyard movie night, prepare a homemade pasta dinner, and don’t forget to whip up some chocolate-covered strawberries for dessert.
Whether it’s a relaxing, active, or romantic weekend, you’ll want to keep these 30 long weekend captions on hand for any snaps or videos you post. Consider putting together a cute photo dump of your entire weekend on the Sunday or Monday before going back to work. Showing off how you seized the weekend is always so rewarding.
1. "If I were in charge, every weekend would be a long one."
2. "I think we should flip it, and have two-day work weeks and five-day weekends. Who’s with me?"
3. "Hello, long weekend. Long time no see."
4. "I like Monday a lot more when it’s as chill as Saturday and Sunday."
5. "Things are about to get really good."
6. "Unless it’s an emergency, don’t bother me. I’m in weekend mode."
7. "I love it when my weekends are as long as my lashes."
8. "Happiness is not having to set the alarm for the next day, or the next day, or the next day."
9. "Every weekend should be a three-day weekend."
10. "Major Monday vibe.”
11. "Ain’t no weekend like a long weekend.”
12. "Can we start the weekend over again? I wasn't ready."
13. "The only thing better than a long weekend is that it's followed by a short work week."
14. "I’m trading in my ‘should have,’ ‘would have,’ and ‘could have’ for a ‘did.’”
15. "Dear weekend, we should hang out more.”
16. "I need a longer weekend because I need more nap time.”
17. "Hey guys, let’s make Monday through Thursday jealous.”
18. "Weekend, don’t ever leave me.”
19. "All work and no play? Not today!”
20. "Sunday coffee always tastes better on a long weekend.”
21. "It’s a long weekend and that’s the tea.”
22. "You can’t weekend with us.”
23. "If you look up ‘MFEO’ in the dictionary, I’m sure you’d find a picture of me and a long weekend together.”
24. "I swear it was Friday like five minutes ago."
25. "Just making sure I have something to say when my coworkers ask, ‘So, how was your long weekend?’”
26. "Weekend-ing is my favorite sport.”
27. "Hello weekend, please stay as long as you like."
28. "You gotta let me nap. I'm gonna get cranky." — Joey Tribbiani, Friends
29. "It’s a vibe.”
30. "Professional weekender.”
This article was originally published on