'Tis the season to appreciate the 'Gram! Instagram, that is. Christmas isn't just a day, it's the whole holiday season, and that gives you endless opportunities to post. From holiday parties to shopping outings, your Insta is going to be poppin'. And you definitely need some great Christmas quotes for your Instagram to show everyone how much the holiday cheer means to you.
Depending on what you’re posting about, you may already have things come to mind, or maybe a pun will present itself, but we all need a little help sometimes to sleigh the holiday season. And there's just so much Christmas content to go through. From countless movies revolving around Old St. Nick to funny classics about yet another dysfunctional family at Christmas, to all the books written on the holiday.
Without having to go into the plethora of Christmas carols for inspiration (because those may outnumber the insane amount of X-mas movies), we’ve got a list of some of the best quotes about this red-and-green-loving holiday, taken from movies and books (along with some famous faces as well). If you’re going for sentimental or inspiring this season or if you just want something funny and short, we got you boo (and your IG is going to be so festive; we already love it).
1. "Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas." - Calvin Coolidge
2. "Christmas is a day of meaning and traditions, a special day spent in the warm circle of family and friends." - Margaret Thatcher
3. "SANTA! I know him! I know him." Buddy the Elf, Elf
4. "Christmas will always be as long as we stand heart to heart and hand in hand." - Dr. Seuss
5. "The best way to spread Christmas Cheer, is singing loud for all to hear." Buddy the Elf, Elf
6. "A good conscience is a continual Christmas." - Benjamin Franklin
7. "T'was the night before Christmas, when all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse." - Clement Clarke Moore, A Visit from St. Nicholas
8. "Christmas, my child, is love in action." - Dale Evans
9. "Christmas is a stocking stuffed with sugary goodness." - Mo Rocca
10. "At Christmas, all roads lead home." - Marjorie Holmes
11. "Christmas is the day that holds all time together." - Alexander Smith
12. "Just because I cannot see it, doesn’t mean I can’t believe it!"
- The Nightmare Before Christmas
13. "The rooms were very still while the pages were softly turned and the winter sunshine crept in to touch the bright heads and serious faces with a Christmas greeting." –Louisa May Alcott, Little Women
14. "Seeing is believing, but sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can’t see" — The Polar Express
15. "Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmas-time." –Laura Ingalls Wilder
16. "Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before! What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas...perhaps...means a little bit more!" – Dr. Seuss, How the Grinch Stole Christmas
17. "Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love!" – Hamilton Wright Mabie
18. "Merry Christmas, ya filthy animal." - Home Alone 2: Lost in New York
19. "There's a certain magic that comes with the very first snow. for when the first snow is also a christmas snow, well, something wonderful is bound to happen." — Frosty The Snowman
20. "That's what Christmas memories are made from, they're not planned, they're not scheduled, nobody puts them in their blackberry, they just happen." — Deck The Halls
21. "He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree." - Roy L. Smith
22. "Oh, Christmas isn't just a day, it's a frame of mind." — Miracle On 34th Street
23. "Christmas was on its way. Lovely, glorious, beautiful Christmas, upon which the entire kid year revolved." — A Christmas Story