14 Badass Peyton Sawyer Quotes From 'One Tree Hill' That'll Help You Get Over Someone
Relationships aren’t easy. We all know that, and we especially know that getting over someone is one of the hardest things you’ll ever have to do. You may transition from caring about someone so deeply, to having to convince yourself you don’t care at all. It’s unbelievably hard, and an expert on falling in and out of love with someone is Peyton Sawyer from One Tree Hill. Peyton went through her fair share of heartache throughout the show. She truly was a badass, and even some of these Peyton Sawyer quotes can get you through the most painful heartache.
From Nathan, to Lucas, to Jake, to even Pete Wentz from Fall Out Boy, Peyton went through it all when it came to love. She believed that "people always leave," but she came out on top, finally ending up with her true love Lucas Scott (even if they went on and off for awhile). I mean, Peyton had to give up on Lucas a few times for her best friend Brooke Davis, even though she still loved him. The love triangle that went on between those three was almost too much to handle.
I don’t have as many relationships under my belt as Peyton, but anytime I go through heartache, I would most definitely be classified as a puddle on the floor if I didn’t have these 14 badass quotes from her to exclaim, "same," and keep me going when I need some strength. Peyton Sawyer is one tough girl who reminds us all that sure, we’ll have heartache, but with some strength, a good mix CD, and hope, we’ll make it out alright.
1. “I never let myself need anybody. Ever.” — Peyton Sawyer
2. “I want to believe in it all again. Music and art, fate and love, and I want to believe that I’ve made the right choices, and I’m still on the right path, and there’s still time to fix some mistakes I’ve made. I guess I want hope.” — Peyton Sawyer
3. “You can’t see it, but underneath my sunglasses I’m rolling my eyes.” — Peyton Sawyer
4. "God, why are guys such jerks?" — Peyton Sawyer
5. "Yes, losing your heart's desire is tragic. But gaining your heart's desire? That's all you can hope for. This year I wished for love, to immerse myself in someone else and to wake a heart long afraid to feel. My wish was granted. And if having that is tragic, then give me tragedy. Because I wouldn't give it back for the world." — Peyton Sawyer
6. "I'm just... I'm so tired of everyone leaving, you know? They all have really great reasons but it still hurts." — Peyton Sawyer
7. "It's a rush, this new darkness that appears everything is coming at you so fast. One second you're happy with your life, and then you get this over towering feeling of sadness. In this depression, you feel alone, knowing of rejection, all because something happens, and you don't know how to react because simply of the process of letting someone in, especially when the people closest to you disappoint you even when they think they were protecting you, but all we need to do is breathe." — Peyton Sawyer
8. "Every song ends, is that any reason not to enjoy the music?" — Peyton Sawyer
9. "First of all, you don't know me. Second of all, you don't know me." — Peyton Sawyer
10. "You don't like the person you've become then do something about it, because no one's gonna do it for you." — Peyton Sawyer
11. "Music always helps, no matter what you're going through." — Peyton Sawyer
12. "I think everybody deserves a shot. If you really want something bad enough, no one has the right to stand in your way." — Peyton Sawyer
13. "You said I was great! You said I could be great! You said we were destined to be together. You said it to the world, you said it to me, and I wish you never had because you did not mean any of it!" — Peyton Sawyer
14. "Nobody can take anything from you unless you let them." — Peyton Sawyer