Woman Ends Up In Wheelchair After Using Friend's Make-Up Brush
There are beauty nightmares worse than just having pimple you can't cover, as 27-year-old Jo Gilchrist knows well.
While using a friend's makeup brush, Gilchrist contracted a staph infection that left her immobile below the waist and wheelchair-reliant.
The Warwick, Australia woman first realized something was wrong in February when her back began to ache, according to Daily Mail.
The pain became intolerable and she was rushed to the hospital, only to find her spine had been irreparably damaged.
It seems Gilchrist's friend – who now feels "horrible" – discovered she had a staph infection soon after lending out her cosmetic tools. And when Gilchrist brushed over an open pimple, that same bacteria entered her body.
In spite of the challenges stemming from months of medication and a numb body, however, Gilchrist is reportedly beginning to make progress.
Although doctors warned Gilchrist she'll probably never walk again, that isn't good enough for either the mom or her toddler.