A young woman is lucky to be alive after a floor panel fell through as she stepped onto an escalator.
The South China Morning Post reports the woman, said to be in her 20s, was preparing to use an escalator at a mall in Shenyang, China on September 13 but stopped when she heard the metal surface breaking open right behind her.
The woman jumped to safety, and nobody was hurt -- possibly because "not many people" were using this specific escalator at the time, a shopper reportedly told local media.
All of the mall's escalators are currently out of use as an investigation for proper safety precautions continues.
The incident occurred less than two months after a mother was literally sucked into an escalator and killed at a different Chinese mall.
An investigation revealed mall staff knew the escalator contained faulty parts but did nothing, South China Morning Post reports.
Whether or not these two escalators were made by the same company is not clear.