A video has emerged of the shocking moment when a chef hurled chili powder into a customer's eyes at an Indian restaurant in Wales.
David Evans, 46, believed he was permanently blind following the savage altercation at the Prince of Bengal in Tonypandy, Rhondda.
He was eating out with his wife, Michelle, on Saturday, January 21, when the incident took place.
The couple claims they were confronted by a chef when they complained their meal wasn't up to par.
After saying they'd eat everything but the meat, the chef allegedly swore at Michelle.
The 47-year-old woman said David followed him into the kitchen and demanded an apology.
What was meant to be a quick meal out with David turned out to be one of the most frightening times we've had. The Indian chef came to our table, he was extremely rude and aggressive and accused us of not wanting to pay for our food.
It was at that point David walked after the chef and the man threw chili powder into David's eyes.
The video shows the pair standing at the entrance to the kitchen when a cloud of red covers David's face.
He instantly thought he had been blinded and didn't know what he'd thrown at him, he was shaking in shock, hanging on to the counter being sick thinking he was going to go blind. It was horrific. He said he's never had so much pain in his life and was extremely distressed. Not one member of staff came to him to help or even ask if he was ok.
She said David began vomiting and was taken to the hospital.
He had drips attached to his eyes to flush out the powder.
David is undergoing treatment for his eyes. It is unclear how seriously damaged they are.
A spokesperson for South Wales Police said a man has ben arrested and bail is pending further inquiries.