If you open up Instagram on Mother’s Day, you’re sure to find pic after pic of your friends praising their lovely moms. It’s a sweet way to show your favorite person in the world how much you care with a social media shoutout, and it only takes two simple steps. The first step is to find a cute throwback photo of you and your mom together, or a recent selfie of the two of you hanging out. Once that’s chosen, use one of these Instagram captions for mom and daughter pics to express just how much she means to you.
It’s so easy to praise your fave person online, you’ll not only want to celebrate her on the second Sunday in May, but every other day of the year as well. If you live long distance from your family, posting on the ‘Gram is a nice way to feel instantly connected. With all the #TBT pics you have from family vacays over the years, a little mother appreciation post is a great way to finally share them all. Plus, it just feels nice to share the love. The only problem is coming up with the right words to encapsulate all that you’re feeling.
On Instagram, you’ll want to keep it short and sweet, which is hard to do when you could seriously write a whole novel about how much you adore your mom. To keep things moving along, just use one of these mom captions for Instagram. A direct but sweet caption for mom from her beloved (and definitely favorite) daughter will perfectly demonstrate how much you care. You’ll even have room at the end to make it personal with some cute inside joke hashtags and your favorite emojis.
- "Happiness is mother and daughter time."
- "Mom — a title just above queen."
- "Mother and daughter from the start. Best friend forever from the heart."
- "I am a strong woman, because a strong woman raised me."
- "Words are not enough to express the unconditional love that exists between a mother and a daughter." — Caitlin Houston
- "Mom, I’m so proud to be y’orchid."
- "No matter how old she may be, sometimes, a daughter just needs her mom."
- "The love between a mother and daughter knows no distance."
- "Mother and daughter never truly part. Maybe in distance, but never in heart."
- "Mothers and daughters together are a powerful force to be reckoned with." — Melia Keeton-Digby
- "You will always be the Lorelai to my Rory."
- "I got it from my mama." — Will.I.Am, “I Got It From My Mama”
- "Like mother, like daughter."
- "A daughter is a girl who eventually grows up to be her mom’s best friend."
- "If I know what love is, it is because of you." — Herman Hesse
- "My favorite thing about me is that I’m a little piece of you."
- "A mother is your first friend, your best friend, your forever friend."
- "Two peas in a pod."
- "I do what I want, when I want, where I want… if my mom says it’s OK."
- "All that I am, I owe to my mother."
- "Life doesn’t come with a manual, it comes with a mother."
- "FYI, if you ever did me wrong, my mom knows all about it and she’s no longer a fan."
- "Every day I wake up and think, 'How on earth did I become this much like my mother?'"
- "Home is where my mom is."
- “No matter how much I say I love you, I always love you more than that.”
- “Dear Mom, I get it now.”
- “You’re the mom my friends are cool to hang out with.”
- “I’ve got a mom who is easy to brag about.”
- “Generational twinning.”
- “If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way Mom told you in the beginning.”
This article was originally published on