Thoughts We All Have Before College Graduation
Throughout the days leading up to graduation, it's as if we're stuck in neutral.
We've hit the pause button, and we're chilling somewhere between the college life we loved, and the reality we'll soon have to face.
After handing in our final exams, we bid a bittersweet farewell to our professors and classes forever.
We're leaving behind these lives we've grown so accustomed to. We made our mark, and now it's time to make a new one.
But, we haven't officially started the adulting phase just yet.
Until we walk across that graduation stage, accept our diplomas and throw our caps in the air, we're still in a period of half acceptance, half denial.
Here are the many thoughts that go through most of our minds in the days leading up to college graduation.
1. Wow, how is college already over?
2. But, halle-freaking-lujah. We made it!
3. Hold up — does this mean I actually have to adult now?
4. So, turning up on a Tuesday and throwing it down on a Thursday are officially off the table?
5. Can instant noodles still pass as dinner?
6. Whatever, I'm still eating them.
7. WAIT, I DON'T WANT MY COLLEGE FRIENDS TO LEAVE ME.
8. I'm going to bawl all day on graduation. All. Damn. Day.
9. Note: Don't forget the waterproof mascara.
10. And tissues. Lots of tissues.
11. I wish I could teleport back to freshman year.
12. Better yet, I want to go back to study abroad. Nix the “study” part, though, because did we really study?
13. I could eat my heart out in Pino's paninis and Secret Bakery chocolate croissants right now.
14. Actually, SOMEONE GIVE ME MOZZARELLA STICKS, STAT.
15. Fuck. I'm already crying.
16. This is all so bittersweet.
17. I'm scared, happy, sad and I kinda-sorta want to scream from the top of a hill.
18. Can I hit the pause button for a bit and just chill with my friends in this in-between phase?
19. Once we walk across that graduation stage, college life as we know it is officially done. Finito.
20. We'll never be undergrads again.
21. Just like that, college is going to forget about us.
22. I'm turning into the sappiest person in the history of sappy people.
23. But really though, if anyone plays Vitamin C's “Graduation Song” tonight, I'm going to lose it.
24. And if someone talks about student debt, this chick is going to cry even harder.
25. Part of me hates to admit I'm (low-key) excited about work life, because I feel like I'm cheating on college.
26. At least I'll have mom's home cooking to look forward to.
27. Bring on the spaghetti and meatballs, like what's GOOD.
28. I can't wait to hang out with the home squad.
29. At least I'm going to be a classy working gal who goes to happy hour with her co-workers and (hopefully) has a 401K.
30. Oh, and I'll obviously have to walk to work with a venti Starbucks cup in hand — it's necessary.
31. This can't all be bad, right?
32. For now, maybe I should just focus on not tripping onto the stage in my wedges.