33 Thoughts You Have When You Leave A Party Early
You've been looking forward to this party for months. And then, the actual day of the event rolls around, but honestly, you'd rather just sit in bed and watch a movie.
It's not like you're sick or anything. You're just tired and in no mood to socialize.
But your friends are on a nonstop quest to convince you this is going to be the best night of your life and you HAVE to go with them. So, you suck it up, put on the dress you bought for this event when you got the invite months ago and get ready to rock.
You manage to have a decent time the first hour or two, but suddenly, the exhaustion hits you, and you feel absolutely miserable.
Yep, there's no doubt about it. You want to leave the party, and you want to leave it right now... but it's not as easy as you think it's going to be.
Here are the thoughts that go through your head when you leave the party early:
1. I'm tired.
2. But, UGH, this is my song.
3. OK, fine, one more song.
4. UGH, but this is my song, too!
5. OK, just one more.
6. Seriously, WTF is this DJ's deal?! Banger after banger!
7. OK, for real, I literally might fall asleep on the dance floor. I need to go.
8. Shoot, it's not even midnight yet.
9. This is embarrassing.
10. I should just stay.
11. I can't leave the party before midnight — that's pathetic.
12. Ugh, but what's the point in staying if I'm miserable?
13. I'm an ADULT. I shouldn't have to stay somewhere if I don't feel like it.
14. OK, that's it. I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna leave.
15. Do I have to say goodbye to everyone?
16. OK, I'm not going to say bye to everyone, just my besties.
17. OMG, why does Liz care that much if I leave?
18. UGH, my mistake for telling her I wanted to go home.
19. Now, I'm stuck here until she meets up with her boy.
20. What do I do to make this less miserable? Drink? Yeah, I should drink.
21. If I can ever get this bartender's attention, that is.
22. Maybe I should just go to the bathroom and scroll through Instagram on the toilet to kill some time.
23. OMG, that's if I can ever make it past that 50-person line.
24. That's it. Enough is enough. I've GOT to go.
25. Oh, wait! Liz got me a drink!
26. I'll try to sip on this for a bit. Maybe it'll put me in the mood to stay.
27. Nope, just feeling more tired.
28. OK, I actually have to go.
29. Do I bother saying bye this time?
30. Yeah, I should...
31. ...but I also really don't want to.
32. Screw it, I'm pulling an Irish exit.
33. SAYONARA, SUCKERS.