True love is being there for someone 100 percent, even through the most chaotic times. Meredith Grey and Derek Shepherd from Grey's Anatomy fit this description perfectly. FYI: Spoiler alerts lie ahead. Over the seasons, the couple went through some pretty big ups and downs, but their passionate love always prevailed. They truly completed each other, and we were all rooting for them to last forever, but of course in ShondaLand, hearts were shattered beyond compare. That doesn't stop Meredith and Derek from being the couple who made us believe in true love, most especially with these Grey's Anatomy quotes.
Many of us are looking for our Meredith or Derek who will love us until the end. They had the relationship that was always meant to be from the very beginning, even if it took a few seasons to get there. Meredith and Derek were each other's missing puzzle piece that completed them in ways they never thought they needed. They may seem like opposites in the show, but that's why they worked so well together. Nothing will ever stop our hearts from breaking that we didn't get to see Meredith and Derek grow old together, but these 12 Grey's Anatomy quotes made us believe in true love. BRB, I'm just going to go cry a little bit for a second.
1. “I can't, I can't remember our last kiss. All I could think about was, 'I'm going to die today and I can't remember our last kiss,' which is pathetic. But the last time we were together and happy, I... want to be able remember that, and I can't Derek. I can't remember.” -- Meredith IMDB
2. “Okay, here it is. Your choice, it's simple, her or me. And I'm sure she's really great. But Derek, I love you. In a really, big really big pretend to like your taste in music, let you eat the last piece of cheesecake, hold a radio over my head outside your bedroom window, unfortunate way that makes me hate you, love you. So pick me. Choose me. Love me. I'll be at Joe's tonight so if you do decide to sign the papers, meet me there.” -- Meredith
3. “Don't you see? Don't you understand? You're the love of my life. I can't leave you.” -- Derek
4. “It means you have a choice. You have a choice to make. And I don't want to rush you into making the decision before you're ready. This morning I was going to come over... I was going to say... What I wanted to say was... But now all I can say is that... I'm in love with you. I've been in love with you for, ever. I'm a little late, I know I'm a little late in telling you that. I, I just, I just want you to take your time, you know. Take all the time you need, because you have a choice to make. And when I had a choice to make, I chose wrong. Goodnight.” -- Derek
5. “Don't get me wrong: I like the kissing. I'm all for the kissing. More kissing, I say.” -- Derek IMDB
6. “You were like coming up for fresh air. It's like I was drowning and you saved me. It's all I know.” -- Derek
7. “You and me. It is not the thrill of the chase. It's not a game. It's... it's your tiny, ineffectual fists. And your hair… It smells nice. And you're very, very bossy. It keeps me in line.” -- Derek
8. "Do not die. Do you understand? I can't live without you.” -- Meredith
9. “I was the wife in the waiting room, Derek. And it's so hard to be the wife in the waiting room, so hard that I walked into the O.R. while the shooter had a gun to you and told him to shoot me instead. That's how hard it is to be the wife in the waiting room.” -- Meredith
10. “I don't want you to date other people. I may not be enough for you, but I'm trying here so I don't want you to date anybody but me. That's it. Except I'm scared as hell to want you. But here I am wanting you anyway. And the fear means I have something to lose, right? And I don't want to lose you.” -- Meredith
11. "I'm not gonna get down on one knee, I'm not gonna ask a question. I love you Meredith Grey, and I wanna spend the rest of my life with you." -- Derek
12. "I'm still mad at you. And I don't know if I trust you. I wanna trust you but I don't know if I do, so I'm just gonna try. I'm gonna try and trust you because I believe that we can be extraordinary together rather than ordinary apart." -- Meredith