18 Ways A Bottle Of Tequila Gets You To The Bottom Of Your Problems
Tequila — the world's best choice of liquid courage.
It's there for us during breakups and celebrations; it's there for reunions and desperate times.
Whatever the occasion may be, it will always be there, daring us to take a sip. But as every tequila connoisseur knows, there is no such thing as just a sip.
Why stop the fun at just a sip when you can take shot after shot? Sure, we may end up saying things we'd never admit to or eating foods we've sworn off, but who cares when you're having that much fun?
That's exactly what we say before we wake up the next day with a pounding headache.
But as everyone knows, you have to hit rock bottom before you can get up again.
So why are all of life's answers at the bottom of a tequila bottle? Like you even have to ask...
1. It's better to drown your problems than to swim in them
Why dwell on your problems when you can just drown them out and have a good time?
If they're that easy to clear from your head for a bit, were they really that big of a deal in the first place?
2. You see things from an emotional perspective
You know how emotional you get when the booze starts flowing, especially when there are already problems going on in your life.
3. You get that good cry out
Mostly you don't let yourself feel the full impact of the stress in your life, but when you're under the influence, your inhibitions are out the window.
4. You get aggressive enough to deal with your issues head on
Everyone needs that little extra oomph when it's time to recognize and cope with the problems he or she has going on.
And this is exactly where tequila really comes into play.
5. Everything seems a little bit easier
Tomorrow seems like it will be better because everything is currently better.
Your troubles are gone from your mind... at least for now.
6. You're in a completely different state of mind
You're in another mental state entirely than when you tried to soberly figure out WTF was going on in your life and, honestly, you couldn't be happier.
You can deal with your problems later, if they're even still relevant by the time you've finished your bottle.
7. Your hangover makes all of your problems seem less extreme
In comparison to your life's issues, the pounding headache and increased nausea seem a lot f*cking worse and in dire need of attention.
As soon as you're done giving yourself TLC, you really just can't handle any more problems.
8. Because karaoke is more fun than crying
When you're severely intoxicated, wouldn't you rather act a little bit ridiculous instead of extremely sad?
Do you even need to ponder this question?
9. You don't feel self-conscious making out with that cheeseburger
When you're drunk, you don't give a sh*t who witnesses you eat your feelings.
The more food the merrier, and at this rate, you aren't stopping any time soon.
10. Suddenly, you're invincible
They don't call it liquid courage for nothing! That sh*t will amp you up to the extreme, and that's exactly what you need.
11. Because, sometimes, you need a pep talk in the mirror
Staring at yourself in the mirror is a common pastime when you're tipsy, which is why it's the perfect opportunity to give yourself that pep talk you so desperately need.
12. You can do anything you set your mind to, even if it's ridiculous
Have an unconventional way to solve your pain? Well, good thing you're hammered and confident in whatever ridiculous methods you're testing out.
13. Because it's a great wake-up call
You think you feel bad before you start drinking? Wait until you wake up the following day with a brutal hangover. There is nothing that says GET YOUR SH*T TOGETHER quite like this does.
14. There's nothing more grounding than spending the day grasping the toilet
Drinking to the point where you find yourself throwing up the entire next day is a huge indicator of life's problems.
There's really no justifying this situation, no matter which way you look at it.
15. It'll help you worm your way out of your problems
Drink now, deal later — that's the motto.
16. It's better to get wasted than to think about how you're wasting your life
Depressing, but accurate — there's no easier solution to avoiding your problems quite like a heavy intake of alcohol.
17. You can still diet while getting intoxicated
You may end up eating like sh*t, but that doesn't mean you have to drink like sh*t.
If the bottle says 100 percent agave, you're taking the healthiest drinking route out there. We know — tequila can actually be good for you.
18. Once you reach the bottom, there's only one way to go
There's no place to go but "up" once you hit rock bottom.