Shitty days happen and bad moods can creep up out of nowhere.
If you're feeling down, stressed or just not yourself there are an infinite amount of easy ways to pick yourself up. A couple minutes doing something that makes you happy can significantly alter your mood on a daily basis.
Here 100 suggestions to get you started:
1. Listen to your favorite song.
2. Go for a walk.
3. Go for a run.
4. Write down five things you're grateful for.
5. Take a hot shower.
6. Take 15 deep breaths.
7. Schedule a night out with your friends.
8. Book a massage.
10. Read a book.
11. Pet a dog (or cat if that's your preference).
13. Do an anonymous act of kindness.
14. Compliment yourself.
15. Compliment someone else.
16. Go outside.
17. Have sex.
18. Get rid of five things.
19. Text someone you haven't talked to in a while.
20. Flirt with a stranger (or several strangers).
21. Journal for five minutes.
22. Drink something hot.
23. Watch a movie.
24. Forgive someone.
25. Take a nap.
26. Get dressed up.
27. Make a bucket list and make plans to cross off one thing in the near future.
28. Buy yourself flowers.
29. Power clean for 10 minutes.
30. Spend time with your family.
31. Go to bed on warm, clean sheets.
32. Write down three goals for the next week, month or year.
31. Binge watch your favorite old TV show.
31. Google pictures of baby animals.
32. Choose to be happy.
33. Let go of your regret.
34. Drink champagne.
35. Learn a new skill.
36. Bake something.
37. Plan a day to spend by yourself.
38. Forgive yourself.
39. Cook your favorite meal.
40. Light a great smelling candle.
41. Sit by a fireplace.
42. Go for a drive.
43. Spend time with your family.
44. Do something that makes you sweat.
45. Sing your favorite song.
46. Take a bath.
47. Explore somewhere you've never been before.
49. Spend time with someone who inspires you.
50. Do something you've been putting off.
51. Go shopping (or window shopping).
52. Go to a karaoke bar.
54. Go to the beach.
55. Drink another glass of champagne.
56. Treat yourself.
58. Think positively.
59. Look at old pictures.
60. Go swimming.
61. Tell a stranger you think they're cute.
62. Spend some money.
63. Call your mom.
64. Plant a garden or just get a house plant.
65. Watch inspiring YouTube videos.
66. Tell someone how much they mean to you.
67. Scream into a pillow.
68. Write someone a handwritten letter.
69. Write yourself a letter to read in five years.
70. Find a new hobby.
71. Make a new friend.
72. Go on a date with someone new or plan a special night with your significant other.
73. Watch stand-up comedy.
74. Decorate for the holidays, any holiday.
75. Book a trip somewhere warm.
76. Pour yourself a glass of wine, beer, whiskey or whatever your drink of choice is.
77. Tell someone you love them.
78. Watch a funny movie.
79. Watch a sad movie and get out a good cry.
80. Do something nice for someone else and don't expect anything in return.
81. Forget about anyone who's hurt you in the past.
82. Join a gym.
83. Start your New Year's resolutions early and make a change now.
84. Schedule a night to spend in by yourself.
85. Make a list of goals you want to accomplish in 2017.
86. Write down all the things you can do to achieve those goals.
87. Do something you're afraid of.
88. Tell someone how you feel about them without the fear of rejection.
89. Pick a random recipe in the cook book you never use and make it.
90. Remind yourself that shit happens, but you'll be okay.
91. Adopt a pet.
92. Get drunk with your friends.
93. Sign up for something you've always said you wanted to do but never followed through.
94. Talk to a stranger and ask them about their life.
95. Decorate for the holidays.
96. Drink a really, really good cup of coffee or tea.
97. Teach yourself how to do something.
98. Buy yourself something frivolous.
99. Go on a road trip.
100. Remind yourself that you control your life and your happiness.