What better way to celebrate the first official day of summer than with soaking up some extra hours of beautiful sunshine?
The summer solstice, aka the longest day of the year, is on June 21. And to all of my fellow New York urbanites out there, we'll be #blessed with 15 out of 24 hours of those glorious rays. But no matter where you’re located in the country, I think it’s time to make the most of the day by taking a ton of pics. Post them on your feed with summer Instagram captions to kick off the sea-sun on the right note.
Once you’ve wrapped up work, put away that jam-packed planner of yours and close your laptop for the afternoon. Treat yourself to the extra hours of sunny time by straight-up relaxing outdoors with your buds, or checking a fun little something off your bucket list.
If you're heading to happy hour at your favorite beer garden, to a picnic at the beach with your squad, to the park with your fur baby for a puppy playdate, or to an ice cream parlor to enjoy a cone with your SO, hopefully you're able to take advantage of those additional hours of sunlight. This magical day only comes around once a year, so it's prime time to be spontaneous, hit up your friends with plans, and live it up.
Wherever this summer may lead you, be sure to keep your camera close by and document all the memories. The sunny season flies by way too fast, and your beach time is far too precious to not snap some selfies and Boomerangs to document those moments forever. Embrace your bucket list to the fullest, and you’re sure to have the time of your life. Here are the 20 best Instagram captions to make your first day of summer extra special, and your feed extra bright for the rest of the summer.
1. “Some of the best memories are made in flip flops.” — Kellie Elmore
2. “Every summer has its own story.” — Puji Eka Lestari
3. “Sunshine is my favorite accessory.”
4. “Girls just wanna have sun.”
5. “Summertime, and the livin' is easy.” — Ella Fitzgerald, “Summertime”
6. “That summer feeling.”
7. “Love you to the beach and back.”
8. “Take me to the sea.” — Shake Shake Go, “Take Me to the Sea”
9. “Don't worry, beach happy.”
10. “Eat. Beach. Sleep. Repeat.”
11. “Dear Winter, I'm breaking up with you. I think it's time I start seeing other seasons. Summer is hotter than you.”
12. “Hello, summer.”
13. “Summer nights and city lights.” — A Summer Scene, “Summer Nights and City Lights”
14. “Call me on my shellphone. I'll be mermaidin'.”
15. “I'm multi-slacking today.”
16. “It's always summer in my heart and in my soul.” — Yellowcard, “Always Summer”
17. "I'm a little drunk on you. And high on summertime." — Luke Bryan, “Drunk On You”
18. "Nothing but high tides and good vibes."
19."Summer is not a season, but a state of mind."
20."Let the summer begin."
This post was originally published on June 21, 2017. It was updated on Aug. 7, 2019.
This article was originally published on