This Is How You Make 7-Layer Ice Cream Lasagna, You're Welcome
Ice cream cakes just aren't cutting it these days. Ice cream lasagnas are.
Speaking of cutting, this Klondike Lasagna we made that calls for 36 — no more, no less (though you can never have too many) — Klondike bars was a bit difficult to cut at first, being such a glorious mass of frozen-solid sugary goodness and all. But after letting our equally-massive kitchen knife sit in boiling hot water for a few minutes, those layers were no match for our sharp wit and monstrous appetites.
Yes, if it wasn't already obvious, we essentially created this 7-Layer Klondike Lasagna simply because we can because, let's be honest, we can't parade ourselves around as “Foodbeasts” if we aren't actually making beast-fitting delicacies such as Lasagnas made up of more ice cream bars than you can count (but again, we used 36 of 'em. Beat that, bub).
You don't have to be a beast to enjoy this frivolous feast of sweets, though. You don't even have to be the one to do the slicin' and cuttin'. Just imagine the amount of praise and reverence you'd get walking into a 10-year-old's birthday party with this thing in your arms. As soon as you set this giant piece of eye/literal candy on the table, the kids would tear into the thing like a pack of wild dogs.
With this kind of ice cold power... you'd be unstoppable.
Here's what you'll need to make this 7-Layer Klondike Ice Cream Bar Lasagna:
- 36 Klondike Ice Cream Bars (we used Oreo, Mint Chocolate Chip, and S'mores flavors)
- Oreo Cookie Crumbles
- White Icing
- Crushed Chocolate Candy
- Graham Cracker Crumbs
Then, the assembly of this bad boy goes as follows:
- 1st Layer: Lay out 12 Oreo Klondikes on a flat surface (4x3).
- 2nd Layer: Slather a generous amount of icing over the Oreo Klondikes and sprinkle Oreo cookie crumble topping as well. Freeze layer completely.
- 3rd Layer: After the Oreo Klondikes, icing and Oreo crumbles layer has been frozen, add a new layer of 12 Mint Chocolate Chip Klondike bars atop it.
- 4th Layer: Spread another thick layer of icing over the Mint Chocolate Chip bars. Sprinkle crushed chocolate candy bars over the icing layer. Set the entire lasagna-in-the-making in the freezer, and freeze again.
- 5th Layer: Once the Oreo and Mint Chocolate Chip Klondike layers have solidified, add a final layer of 12 S'mores Klondikes. (You can also wait to add this layer after step 6,if desired so that the S'mores Klondikes sit on top of the marshmallows).
- 6th Layer: Cover layer of S'mores Klondike bars with icing as well—this time a bit less that the other iced layers—and sprinkle graham cracker crumbs and pre-toasted marshmallows on top.
- 7th Layer: After all stacked layers have been frozen completely together, cover the entire 'lasagna' in a chocolate shell, and place it in the freezer so everything solidifies entirely.
Watch the video above for a closer look at how it's all done and check out Foodbeast for more awesome recipes.