Disney is famous for its well-meaning family friendly fare. Typically, some adorable anthropomorphic animal has to face some mild life challenge on his or her quest to becoming a better person or fish or whatever.
In the end, he or she accomplishes his or her stated goal and everyone lives happily ever after.
But, there are some sneaky critters working over at the house of mouse. And sometimes, they like to sneak things into their animated movies. Occasionally, they're inappropriate subliminal messages that are often sexual in nature.
Other times, they're just really hard to spot Easter eggs. I'd like to think that these secret elements add depth and a sense of discovery to the films. I'm sure some parents may disagree, but as the Fresh Prince put it, parents just don't understand.
Plus, now that we've all seen these films a hundred times, we need something to keep them fresh and interesting. So, without further ado, here are 21 hidden things you never noticed in Disney movies.
1. Nemo makes an appearance in "Brother Bear"
2. Nemo also shows up in "Monsters Inc."
3. The Lady and the Tramp do some barking in "101 Dalmatians"
4. Scar is the slain Nemean Lion in "Hercules"
5. Aladdin's Magic Carpet is hanging out in "The Princess and The Frog"
6. Mrs. Potts and Chip from "Beauty and the Beast" join in on the fun in "Tarzan"
7. Lilo from "Lilo and Stitch" has a Dumbo doll in her room
8. Princess Aurora from "Sleeping Beauty" walks along a city street in "Oliver & Company"
9. Ratatouille's shadow looks an awful lot like Dug from "Up"
10. King Triton is a Mardi Gras float in "The Princess and The Frog"
11. There's a Mulan poster in Nani's room in "Lilo and Stitch"
12. Mrs. Potato Head reads from a picture book about "A Bug's Life"
13. The witch from "Brave" made wood carving of Sully from "Monsters Inc."
14. That Same witch also did the Pizza Planet truck from "Toy Story"
15. The Pizza Planet truck also ended up as a piece of junk in "Wall-E"
16. Goofy and Donald show up at King Triton's concert in "The Little Mermaid"
17. "The Incredimobiles" is playing at the movie theater in Pixar's "Cars"
18. The dentist's office in "Finding Nemo" has a Buzz Lightyear toy in its waiting room
19. A sign in "Beauty and the Beast" reads Anaheim, where Disneyland is located
20. Pinocchio is just chilling in the rafters in "Tangled"
21. A woman's body on the cover of "The Lion King"