A lot of not so great things happened on Sunday night at the 2017 Oscars.
First, there was the disastrous Best Picture mix-up that robbed both "La La Land" and "Moonlight" of their moments.
Then, there was that whole thing where they honored a film producer in the "In Memoriam" segment who is actually still alive.
But there were a few shining beacons of light, namely "Hidden Figures" and "Empire" actress Taraji P. Henson.
Taraji did not get a Best Actress nomination for her role as Katherine Goble in "Hidden Figures," a real-life NASA physicist who was essential in the 1969 Apollo 11 flight to the moon.
Many saw this as one of the biggest Oscar snubs of the year — considering her co-star Octavia Spencer got a Supporting Actress nod and the film itself was nominated for Best Picture — but Taraji made up for it by being the best damn part of the show.
How, you ask? Let me count the ways...
1. When she showed up to the red carpet in this gorgeous, velvet dress...
2. ...and when she served really excellent face to the red carpet photographers.
3. When her reaction to candy raining from the sky was pure, unadulterated joy...
4. ...and when she demanded Octavia Spencer share some of her treats with her.
5. When she neatly sidestepped getting pulled into that drama with Remy Ma and Nicki Minaj.
The reporter asked,
Team Nicki or Team Remy?
Taraji didn't respond, but her face was like, "Girl, please, do you think I'm stupid?"