We've most likely all fallen for him at one point or another.
The player's as keen and sly as a fox. He knows his irresistible wit will charm you up until you're stumbling.
It's all part of his game, and the chase is enticing… until you fall flat on your face.
If you've ever had your heart broken by a player, his antics may have rubbed off on you in more ways than one.
Let's say the players you've dated toyed with your heartstrings so much, they snapped. Mr. Casanova (x5) talked about your future together and a potential relationship... only to drop the ball so damn hard on your feet.
Now, you're afraid to put your heart into the next guy who comes along.
The dude may be a sexy, incredible catch, but you've dubbed yourself emotionally unavailable.
You naturally write him off as another player before you even give him a shot. You feel like you just can't catch a break with your track record.
Your heart is scarred. You never want to go down that road again because it was a pretty sucky place to be stranded solo.
Here are 11 signs the players you've dated made you just like them:
1. You become bitter.
2. You take on the mindset of “Everyone else is like that, so why should I be the nice guy?”
3. You begin to feel sorry for yourself and dwell on the past.
4. You don't want to fully commit to anyone.
5. You've watched the players take the easy road so many times... and that road is looking super fine right about now.
6. You build a wall, and learn how to live life guarded.
7. You're good at defense playing: You can spot another player from a mile away.
8. You think playing the game will distract you from reality.
9. When a guy is getting too close, too soon, you run in the opposite direction.
10. You feel like you're losing your sense of self. You're not the vibrant person you once were.
11. You're not truly happy anymore.
You realize playing is not all it's cracked up to be in the long run.
Players keep on playing the game because it's the only way they know how to roll. They're terrified AF, and they always end up alone in the end because they can never commit.
Yeah, love can be a total bitch.
But it takes enduring heartbreak to make us really appreciate the good things when they DO come along.