Imagine being in love with your best friend's boyfriend.
If you're anything like me and my best friends, the thought kind of creeps you out. It's like being in love with a brother.
But the fact of the matter is that your best friend's significant other isn't, in fact, your sibling and the possibility of you falling for him or her is a very real thing. And you can't even help it! The heart wants what the heart wants, right?
I just can't imagine anything worse. I mean think about it, the torture of being in love with someone you regularly see, who is completely unattainable, coupled with the guilt that your love for this person is so incredibly wrong and disloyal to your best friend in the whole wide world, the person who's the most loyal to you. It sounds like a total nightmare.
Here 19 people talk about living that nightmare from firsthand experience.
1. I could treat him so much better.
2. It breaks my heart every time I think about it.
3. I hate myself for it.
4. I'm beyond frustrated.
5. I'm tired of losing girls to him.
6. We hooked up before they were dating.
7. Given the opportunity to sleep with her, I would do it.
8. I liked him before she did.
9. I think it's time for me to stop hanging out with them.
10. I'd rather be alone than lose my best friend over a girl.
11. I'm trying to push my feelings away.
12. They both know how I feel.
13. I don't want to ruin their relationship.
14. I really do try to be happy for them.
15. I don't know how to tell her.
16. I don't think she minds it.
17. I would end our friendship if it meant I could be with her.
19. It still hurts.
For more sex confessions, check out Whisper.