9 Ways To Tell If He Has Good Intentions, Or Is Just Stringing You Along
You fell hard for someone who strung you along for the ride, then he dropped you like it's hot. What's a gal to do?
She's sure AF going to come out on top the next time around... after having some prime time with her loyal men, Ben and Jerry, of course.
It can be pretty difficult to listen to the voice inside your head telling you this dude is no good for you. He's getting away with far too many red flags, and sometimes, you just can't help but let him.
That little voice almost always knows what's actually good for us, even when we don't want to hear it.
To be ahead of the game next time around, here are nine ways to tell if he's genuine, or if he's just stringing you along.
1. The guy with good intentions talks about the future.
He's genuinely looking forward to seeing what's in store for the two of you, and he isn't afraid to admit it.
The guy who's stringing you along will move onto the next subject whenever anything about the future comes up. He's a master at dodging the bullet, and you can never count on definite plans with him.
2. The guy with good intentions is dying to show you his entire world.
He wants you to meet his family and friends, because they're important to him, and so are you.
The guy who's stringing you along won't allow things to get that personal. He doesn't want you to meet his family, and he'll always avoid any and all plans with yours.
3. The guy with good intentions will give your relationship a label.
He won't leave you questioning where you stand with him, because he doesn't want to lose you. When he wants to take things to the next level, he'll simply say so, with no funny business attached.
The guy who's stringing you along will always leave you with a pit in your stomach. You'll definitely never be Facebook official with him, because he's not about that label lifestyle.
4. The guy with good intentions will always make you feel like you're number one in his eyes.
You're the real MVP, and he's so proud to be with you.
The guy who's stringing you along will make you feel like an option more than anything else. Listen to that little voice in your head warning you of his wandering eye.
5. The guy with good intentions will be consistent with texting.
The guy who's stringing you along will leave you hanging mid-sentence because he's out with the bros, or probably on another date. You may not even hear from him for a couple of weeks, then he'll come back and casually drop a “Hey babes.”
6. The guy with good intentions will think of bringing you soup and chilling at home when you're not feeling well.
He's just naturally thoughtful like that.
The guy who's stringing you along will be out hitting up the bars with the guys, because, duh, it's Saturday night. He may not even think of asking you how you're feeling.
7. The guy with good intentions would love to cook you dinner, or even cook together.
The guy who's stringing you along is all about grabbing some drinks at the bar and immediately going back to your place to hook up.
8. The guy with good intentions will be concerned when you have a bad day, and he'll want to hear all about it.
The guy who's stringing you along will act like you're cramping his vibes with any negativity.
9. The guy with good intentions keeps promises.
The guy who's stringing you along rarely follows through on anything. He has the gift of gab and thrives off of being the center of attention. Where the party goes, he follows.