What It's Like Being Into Your Friend's Ex Boyfriend
Going through a breakup is hard. Watching your best friend go through a breakup is just as terrible.
Watching your best friend go through a breakup and then falling for her ex-boyfriend is... like... TRAGIC.
It can be such a trip to find yourself into the same guy who hurt your BFF. It'll probably leave you feeling both excited and giddy while simultaneously full of self-loathing and guilt.
What's a girl to do?! What are the rules?! (Well, the rules are don't date him, but...) What about following your heart?!
Here is what it's like to ride the emotional roller coaster of being into your best friend's ex.
1. I hate him. How dare he break her heart!
2. I hope she gets over it quickly.
3. Man, she will not stop talking about this guy.
4. Honestly, I don't think he was THAT awful to her.
5. God, she's kind of annoying.
6. Wait a second, am I on his side?
7. I AM NOT ON HIS SIDE! I AM A GOOD FRIEND!
8. Damn, he was looking good at the bar the other night. Was he always that handsome?
9. LOLOLOL, I forgot how funny he is.
10. I feel like she just didn't get him.
11. I get him.
12. He gets me.
13. I enjoy his company more than hers.
14. UGH, now I have to lie to her about us talking.
15. I'm going to stop talking to him; this is exhausting.
16. Wait. I just gotta answer that one text. I don't want him to think I'm mad at him.
17. "Hey. U up?" Send.
18. WTF WHY DID I JUST TYPE THAT!
19. "OMG LOLOL JK JK goodnight, bye."
20. Phew. That was a close one.
21. I should ask him to get coffee so we can clear the air once and for all.
22. OMG, what should I wear to coffee.
23. Ugh, every time we talk I just stare at his mouth moving.
24. Why am I always SO SWEATY around him?
25. OK, I'm just going to say..."Hey. Sorry. We can't talk anymore."
26. "Hey. I love talking to you."
27. Damn it! That was NOT what I practiced.
28. No harm, no foul. It's not like we've made out or anything.
29. Holy shit, I think we're going to make out.
30. God, I hope we don't make out.
31. God, I hope we make out.
32. It is SO annoying that this guy is so likable.
33. You know what, this is his fault. He KNOWS she's my best friend.
34. What kind of jerk just woos his ex's best friend?
35. You know what? I hate this guy.
36. Chicks before dicks, always.