Ladies, before you call a dude thirsty – take some time and reflect first.
Ask yourself: Is this guy trying too hard? Or is he simply making an effort?
I've always liked being straightforward with women I'm interested in. The way I've always seen it, the worst that could come from being too outspoken is that I discover the interest isn't mutual – and I move on. This way, it leaves minimal room for regrets or thoughts about, "What if I told her how I really felt."
The issue with modern society, however, is a lot of times intentions can get perceived the wrong way. There's very little face-to-face contact, thanks to our social media personas, so when some special attention is shown in person, we don't know how to react.
With regard to coming on too strong to women, interest will often get misconstrued for "thirst." I mean, what the f*ck does that even mean?
Thirst? That word implies desperation. If I want to put the full-court press on a specific women, it's possible to do so without being desperate. Desperation alludes to the lack of a certain resource.
Women aren't in short supply, I might just happen to want one in particular. Often, it's a matter of desirability – not desperation. There's a difference (pardon my alliteration).
I feel as though women today don't give men the benefit of the doubt, before judging our intentions. I understand the whole "women will always chase the assh*le" notion, but the fact of the matter is not every guy is an assh*le.
Believe it or not, there are men who exist and seek more than just physical attraction. By labeling us "thirsty," you're preventing any aspect of a further connection by shelving our motives before they can even get off the ground, so to speak.
If a guy is bothering you, just tell him from the start. This will avoid any disparities between intentions, further down the road. We men usually aren't the most perceptive.
A lot of times we'll think we're laying our finest game down, only to find out we were bothering you all along. If you're not into someone, just tell him before he shifts gears onward.
Trust me, most of the time, we aren't "thirsty." We're just trying to get to know you better.
30. I’m not trying to booty call you, you just didn’t answer my texts until 1 am.
29. I’m not being clingy, we just had sex last night.
28. I’m not trying to pry, but last night was #WinterStormJuno and you told me you were walking home from the gym.
27. I’m not moving too fast, I just want to make sure you know I’m interested.
26. I’m not getting over-attached, I’m just over not connecting with women.
25. I’m not creepy, I just wanted to take you out to dinner.
24. I’m not coming on too strong, I just don’t want to go unnoticed.
23. I’m not being too forward, I just don’t like the whole back-and-forth thing.
22. I’m not too quick to draw conclusions, you’re just sketchy.
21. I’m not territorial, I just don’t want to waste my time.
20. I didn’t stalk you, but yeah, I definitely checked you out on Instagram.
19. I’m not doing too much, you just act like you couldn’t care less.
18. I’m not obsessed with you, I just like talking to you.
17. I’m not bad news, you’re just sending me mixed signals.
16. I’m not trying to take you home, I’m just trying to f*ck with you.
15. I’m not trying too hard, you just don’t know how to react to sincerity.
14. I’m not flirting with your friends, I’m just trying to figure out your deal.
13. I’m not too aggressive, you’re just playing hard to get.
12. I’m not desperate, I just want to feel you want me too.
11. I’m not coming on too strong, I just hate games.
10. I’m not impatient, I’m just curious.
9. I don’t need your attention, but frankly, I want it.
8. I’m not too open, I just want you to drop your guard.
7. I’m not too eager, I have my own life, too.
6. I’m not trying to tie you down, in fact, you’re the one who suggested it in the first place.
5. I’m not caught up on you, you just keep dropping hints.
4. I’m not just using you for sex. C’mon, it’s 10 am on a Wednesday.
3. I’m not trying to get too close, it’s just I’m attracted to you.
2. I’m not dying to have you, I just find life better with you in it.
1. I'm not thirsty, I'm just into you.