Many of us have a bucket list filled with beautiful hopes and dreams.
You know the kind of list I'm referring to: out-of-the-box places your wanderlust wants to explore, goals you hope to accomplish and even trendy, exotic restaurants your palate is dying to try.
In reality, this dreamy list probably gets pushed aside because... well, LIFE happens.
Most of us get consumed by the daily stresses and challenges life brings on, rather than embracing all the good things surrounding us.
The fact is, we're all busy adults. But when it comes down to it, life's too short to waste time on plans you're not into or settle for a guy you're not into. It's not worth putting any effort into the toxic friendship that always seems to take and never give, either.
Replace the time spent on minuscule annoyances and things you're not passionate about with experences that will improve your life.
Here are 30 things every busy girl should make time for before turning 30: NO EXCUSES.
1. Eat like an adult.
No matter how good they tasted in college, no more ramen noodles or heating up frozen mac and cheese on the fly.
DON'T DO IT.
2. Have your exercise routine down pat.
Stick to one that works for you, and don't fall into the temptation of making the excuse that it's cold AF outside.
3. Budget and save your money.
You should always have some money set aside for a rainy day.
4. Learn how to forgive; it sets you free.
Life is way too short to hold grudges.
5. Respect yourself.
… even though the dating scene today can be a challenge.
6. Treat yo'self, but also learn how to have self-control.
Because once on the lips, forever on the hips.
7. Plan as many "wine and chick flick" days as possible.
Quality girl time is important, and very necessary when you're having a stressful week.
8. Eliminate toxic relationships from your life.
They don't deserve you.
9. Travel, travel, TRAVEL.
That exotic place you've always had a passionate itch to travel to? Book your ticket ASAP.
10. If you're not happy with your life, make changes.
Only you have the power to change your life.
11. Thrive and challenge yourself in your career.
Also, make sure you're in a career and field you love.
12. Dress for success.
Have a trendy wardrobe like the adult you are.
13. Live on your own.
Really get to know the city and neighborhood you're living in, too.
14. Date different guys.
By doing this, you'll know the kind of guy you want in the long run.
15. Learn how to break up with a guy tactfully.
16. Learn how to say “no.”
Don't force things.
17. Learn to not commit yourself to plans you're not interested in.
Why go if you know you're going to hate it, anyway?
18. Expand your social circle.
Surround yourself with GOOD, loyal friends who won't stab you in the back.
19. Learn not to sweat the small stuff.
Tomorrow, you'll forget all about it.
20. Suck it up and work your ass off.
Keep your eye on the prize.
21. Learn how to size people up before you get attached, so you don't end up being disappointed.
22. Establish your signature drink.
It can be whatever you want.
23. Raise your credit score.
You'll thank me later.
24. Cherish family dinners.
Family is forever.
25. Make a private Pinterest board for your dream wedding.
It's fun (and quite addictive) to explore different ideas and details on Pinterest.
Pinning will make the decisions much easier when the time to tie the knot actually arrives.
26. Learn how to move on.
As hard as it may be.
27. Organize that damn pocketbook!
The clutter can be SO REAL.
28. Know how to successfully pack a suitcase.
It's a vital skill.
29. Treat yo'self to manicures and pedicures.
You'll feel so great after.
30. Do as many crazy, wild things with your girl squad as possible.
… Because this stage goes by too quickly.
You're responsible for creating your own happiness, so make the most of it.