It’s around this time that all of us start worrying about our summer bodies, and how we’re pretty behind on that process. Eat clean, and your coveted summer body will appear so much quicker than you anticipated.
Because of this, I’ve decided to feature clean eating recipes every once in a while. This week’s recipe is under 450 calories and absolutely delicious. The entire process of putting together this meal will only take you 10 minutes, and these filling dinners will help you retain fiber and vitamin C, which may help you burn fat.
Chicken Kale Wraps
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (6 oz each)
- 1 cup yellow squash, diced
- 1 cup mango, diced
- 16 kale leaves (Lacinato or Italian)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 16 toothpicks
- In a bowl, whisk together 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar, 3 tbsp light brown sugar, 2 tsp cornstarch, 2 tsp Dijon mustard and 1 tsp salt. Toss in 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (6 oz each), cut into long, thin strips. Heat a large skillet over high heat; add 1 tbsp olive oil and reduce heat to medium. Cook chicken strips in marinade, stirring often, until liquid is mostly absorbed, 3 to 4 minutes. In another bowl, combine 1 cup each diced yellow squash and diced mango. Place 2 large Lacinato or Italian kale leaves on counter with edges overlapping. Top with 1/8 of the chicken and 1/4 cup squash and mango mixture; fold over leaves to close and secure with 2 toothpicks. Repeat to make 8 wraps. In same skillet, heat 1 tbsp olive oil over high heat. Add wraps; cover and cook to soften kale, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve immediately.
359 calories per 2 wraps, 16 g fat (3 g saturated), 35 g carbs, 4 g fiber, 21 g protein
Ally | Elite.
Photo Credit: Getty Images