It’s been a while since I’ve posted a recipe. I love finding new recipes. As a healthy eater, you can sometimes grow tired of your usual health food go-to’s.
If you’re anything like me, you feel the same way, so I’ll be happy to share with you the new recipes I find for myself, as I find them. This next recipe is quick, easy and perfect for those upcoming summer nights. What’s better than that? One skewer is only 370 calories, making this an equally slimming and delicious meal.
- 8 bamboo skewers
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 tsp olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup lowfat plain yogurt
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint, plus one spring for garnish (optional)
- 2 cups cooked brown rice (optional)
- Soak bamboo skewers in water about 30 minutes. In a bowl, combine chicken, 2 tbsp olive oil, rosemary and salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Heat an indoor grill pan to medium-high, and coat with 1 tbsp olive oil. (You can also use an outdoor grill.) Thread chicken pieces onto skewers. Cook skewers on grill pan or grill, turning occasionally, until cooked through, about 15 minutes. In a bowl, stir together yogurt, juice, mint and remaining 1 tsp olive oil. Top chicken skewers with yogurt-mint sauce. Garnish with fresh mint, if desired, and serve with brown rice, if desired.
370 calories per skewer, 15 g fat (3 g saturated), 3 g carbs, 0 g fiber, 54 g protein
Ally | Elite.
Photo Credit: Getty Images