'Tis the season to be thankful.
But if you're a vegetarian, the world's largest food holiday may produce a dramatic eye roll.
Let's make this year different.
But that doesn’t mean I rely on processed meat substitutes that try to take the place of turkey.
Move over, Tofurky.
To help you survive this holiday made for carnivores, here are 50 last-minute vegetarian Thanksgiving recipes for appetizers, soups, salads, side dishes, veggie-filled mains, desserts and some cocktails.
Many of them also fulfill these categories:
-They contain 10 ingredients or less.
-They can be made ahead of time. (Hello, prep work.)
-They are vegan (V), gluten-free (GF), nut-free (NF), dairy-free (DF), egg-free and every other major allergen-free (see labels below).
-They are from your favorite bloggers.
-They are all delicious (duh) and full of fall flavor.
So, let’s get cookin'.
Appetizers And Starters
1. Butternut Squash Hummus via Minimalist Baker (V, G, NF)
2. Pear Pomegranate Salsa via Gimme Some Oven (V, GF, NF)
3. Sweet Potato Polenta Bites With Marinated Mushrooms via The Foodie Dietitian (V, GF, NF)
4. Maple Sriracha Roasted Pepitas via C it Nutritionally (V, GF, NF)
5. Kabocha Flatbread With Rosemary Roasted Grapes And Shallots via Nutritioulicious (V, NF)
6. Roasted Red Pepper Mung Bean Dip via
7. Wild Mushroom Croustades via What Would Cathy Eat? (V, NF)
8. Portobello-Stuffed Mushrooms With Parmesan Herb Stuffing via Big Girls Small Kitchen (NF)
9. Kale Balls via C it Nutritionally (NF)
Soups And Salads
1. Butternut Squash And Kale Soup via
2.Red Rice Salad With Roasted Beets And More via The Perfect Pantry (V, GF)
3. Northern Spy’s Kale Salad via Food 52 (GF, egg-free)
4. Freekeh Salad With Roasted Kale And Cabbage via Alexandra Cooks(V, NF)
5. Acorn Squash And Carrot Soup via Salt And Lavender(GF, NF)
6. Holiday Kale Salad With Apple-Cinnamon Tahini Dressing via Dishing Up The Dirt (V, GF)
7. Roasted Brussels Sprouts Salad With Cranberries, Farro And Squash via C it Nutritionally (V, NF)
8. Roasted Garlic And Carrot Ginger Soup via Spice And Sprout (V, GF)
9. Roasted Red Pepper And Fennel Soup via The Delicious Balance (V, GF, NF)
10. Fall Farro Salad via C it Nutritionally (V, NF)
1. Cinnamon Pear Sauce via C it Nutritionally (V, GF, NF)
2. Jalapeno Orange Cranberry Sauce via Fat Free Vegan (V, GF, NF)
3. Herb Roasted Carrots via C it Nutritionally (V, GF, NF)
4. Maple-Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Pumpkin Seeds via Whole Foods (V, GF, NF)
5. Spiced Quinoa With Roasted Apples And Root Vegetables via Nutritioulicious (V, GF, NF)
6. Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins With No Added Sugar via C it Nutritionally (V, NF)
7. Maple Miso-Glazed Brussels Sprouts via Avocado A Day Nutrition (V, GF, NF)
8. Gluten-Free Walnut Kale And Quinoa Stuffing via Healthy Seasonal Recipes (GF)
9. Sweet Potato Cauliflower Mash via The Fit Fork (GF, NF)
10. Pumpkin Cornbread via The Lean Green Bean Blog (NF)
11. Simply Roasted Parsnips With Rosemary And Thyme via C it Nutritionally (V, GF, NF)
12. Mushroom And Leek Cornbread Stuffing via The Chalkboard Magazine (V, GF, NF)
13. Maple Citrus Cranberry Compote via
14. Sweet Potato Casserole With Pecan Crumble via Closet Cooking
Vegetarian And Vegan Mains
1. Ultimate Vegan Thanksgiving Loaf via "I Love Vegan (V, GF, can omit nuts)
2. Tofu Veggie Pot Pie via Nutrition Adventures (NF)
3. Sweet Potato Pumpkin Gnocchi via Stone Soup Blogger Sarah Bond(NF, DF)
4. Vegan Harvest Vegetable Tart via Whole Foods(V, GF)
5. Butternut Squash And Parsnip Tart via (egg-free, can omit nuts)
6. Gluten-Free Vegan Cranberry Maple Lentil Loaf via Cotter Crunch (V, GF)
7. Green Bean Mushroom Tart via A Spicy Perspective (NF)
Desserts And Cocktails
1. Single-Served Baked Pears With Oatmeal Crumble Topping via C it Nutritionally (V, GF, NF)
2. Skinny Pumpkin Pie via
3. Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake via Minimalist Baker (V, GF)
4. Crustless Pumpkin Pie via Happy Healthy Life (V, GF)
5. Spiralized Apple Crumble via The Healthy Maven (V, GF)
6. Pumpkin Mousse Squares via Healthful Pursuit (V, GF)
7. Coconut Date Bars via C it Nutritionally (V, GF option, NF)
8. Vegan Carrot Cake via Love And Lemons (V)
9. Honeycrisp Apple Sangria via Sally’s Baking Addiction
10. Autumn Sangria With Hard Cider via Cheese And Chocolate
Did you find something new for your holiday table?
A version of this article was originally published by C it Nutritionally.