15 Men Confess How They Feel About Friends Dating Their Exes
UHHHHHHH, BRO-CODE VIOLATION MUCH?!
Full disclosure: Two years ago, I was a groomsman at a wedding where one of my good college friends married a woman I had gone out with for a bit. So, I may be a little biased when I say marrying someone your friend used to go out with is a crime on equal footing with carrying out a multi-billion dollar Ponzi scheme or just straight-up murder.
When you are born into this world with testicles, you immediately sign a contract with every other man on the planet. You vow to do things like not pee in a standing urinal next to another man, never let a man purchase man-Uggs and always offer up the last beer from the fridge (though code strictly states a fellow bro must always refuse such an offer).
But one rule stands above all else, and it involves dating and sex. FOR IT WAS WRITTEN IN THE MAN-SCROLLS,
THOU SHALT NOT LAY SKIN TO THE MAIDEN A FELLOW BRO SERIOUSLY DATED FOR, LIKE, A WHILE.
But what if this rule was transgressed? Obviously, this is a major offense, but is it enough to call off the bro-lationship completely?
Reddit has some thoughts about this age-old question.
1. Yeesh. Awwwwwwwkard.
2. Lesson here: Know your audience.
3. YEAHHHHH! I LIKE THOSE ODDS!
4. This is a lose-lose situation.
5. You heard it here first! Women are fish!
6. This...is oddly logical for Reddit.
7. OK, slow down, cowboy! Wha...actually, this is also logical. What the hell, Reddit?
8. BYE FELICIA!
9. Et tu, BRO-te?
10. This is oddly heartbreaking.
11. YEAH!!! THIS IS THE REDDIT I KNOW AND LOVE!
12. Back to logical Reddit. Jeez, where are those Gamergate nerds when you need them?
13. Ugh, we all get it. You're a swinger.
14. HAHAHAHAHAHALOLJKROFLHAHAHAH *cries*
TL;DR The heart wants what the heart wants, but that doesn't always mean the heart is right. The heart is like a very loud and decisive child that way.