If you're not trying to cheat at Pokémon Go, can you really call yourself a Pokémon trainer?
In the normal, non-hacked version of Nintendo's new augmented reality mobile game, you get your choice of Bulbasaur, Squirtle or Charmander to be your first Pokémon catch.
Sure, those guys are pretty cool, but let's face it: At the end of the day, we all just want Pikachu, am I right?
Well, thanks to Nintendo's love of hacks, the folks over at Polygon discovered there is a way you can have Pikachu right from the get-go, as long as you're willing to put in the extra mile.
Here's what you need to do:
- Make a new Pokémon Go account (assuming you have another email left to do this with).
- Make your new avatar.
- Then, when Professor Willow asks you to pick your Pokémon, don't select a Pokémon.
- Instead, walk away from the three existing Pokémon. They should disappear and then reappear in front of you.
- Do this a few more times until you manage to evade them successfully.
- Eventually, the Pokémon should reappear with a fourth friend: PIKACHU!
According to Polygon, it might take a bit of walking to make this work, so be prepared -- basically like everything else in Pokémon Go.
UGH, OK FINE, NINTENDO, WE GET IT! YOU WANT US TO BE ACTIVE!