These physically hurt.
Story time! A couple of years ago, I was invited over to hang out in the apartment of a cute girl whom I met during a summer class. It was in the middle of finals week, so I was working on about four nights of getting three hours of sleep, meaning I had zero ability to pick up on any signs that may have been thrown around.
To me, this was a strictly business hang out. We were going to master the finer points of microeconomics, and that would be that.
To her, this was a sex thing.
The issue was I didn't pick up on that until about two weeks after. I showed up. I drank coffee. We studied. Then, I left.
Why am I telling you that story? Because as much as it hurts and is super awkward, it is NOWHERE near as terrible as some of these other stories of missed chances some forthcoming people on Reddit shared.
1. This guy better have gotten out of his funk.
2. Dude?! COME ON!!!
3. *cough* Chicken says, "What?" *cough*
4. The level of oblivion in this story is remarkable.
5. At least you got some E out of this?
6. "Hahaha, ME walk YOU home?! Yeah effing right. See ya later, joker!"
8. "Hope you feel better!" SMDH.
9. "King Lear" isn't even that good of a Shakespeare play!
10. Yeah, I'd probably call it quits also.
12. This is a literal verbal invitation you peed on!
13. You're UBER f*cked up, brah.
14. Cool, what is "sugen"?
Thoughts and prayers are with the families of these oblivious Reddit guys.